VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, but how can I trouble shoot this myself with VLC? I thought you wanted me to upload a sample for someone to look at.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by maverickluke View Post
    OK, but how can I trouble shoot this myself with VLC? I thought you wanted me to upload a sample for someone to look at.
    Use VLC to pick the correct split section . You don't have a preview in dgsplit, so use VLC to preview

Otherwise you might be uploading a part where Jeter strikes out and you don't want that now do you?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What size chunk do you want me to upload and how do I upload it? I'll make sure to include the walk off hit Jeets got in the 9th inning to end his record breaking career in yankee stadium. Don't tell me you're a Boston fan.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Haha I'm just giving you a hard time , I don't really watch baseball much since the Blue Jays suck.

Upload a 100MB chunk you can upload it directly here by pushing the "upload files" button , but you probably have to zip up the file since it won't be a registered filetype . Get a section that corresponds to a problem section when viewed on BD
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No problem dude. I am not taking you seriously. Will upload soon.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Although BD media prices have come down, to reduce the number of "coasters", what most people do before burning is mount an ISO (disc image) and use dedicated BD software to test the disc image first (e.g. power dvd, windvd) . Dedicated BD software is more sensitive to BD specific errors, than generic software players like VLC, MPCHC etc...
    I usually try to do it in multiple stages of testing: Encoded/PreAuthored (asset quality check), RuntimePreview, CompiledFolder (see if the structure holds up after compiling), ISO (mounted), Rewriteable (helps with checking hardware devices), and Recordable (for greater HW device compatibility). Additional steps if it's being replicated. That way, I rarely would have more than 1 or 2 wasted coasters.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the file. After watching the BD again, it is not one particular part. When there is no motion, the video is fine, but when the camera is on something moving, eg as ball, bat swinging, person moving slow or fast, the movement of the object/person is blurred. I also played the BD in another player which is a Sony player. The blurring is not as pronounced but the TV the Sony is hooked up to is a Samsung 32" LCD. I have a Samsung player that is connected to a 50" Panasonic plasma, which is where the movement blur is more pronounced. I am not sure it is the video file itself, but rather the way I encode it.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's BFF, and there is a point where there is a drop out (glitch), and it looks like the chroma wasn't handled properly at some point in time, but otherwise the motion itself is fine and fields are intact

What did you do after that , before burning to BD ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I opened PowerDirector 12 and went to Create Disc, loaded the .ts file, created just a very basic menu with a title. For video encoding and quality, I selected MPEG-2 (There is an option for H.264). Quality I set 1920x1080/60i. The Other option for 1920 is 1920x1080/24p. My computer is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel core i7-4770 3.5Ghz processor and 16GB Ram. Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG-2 1920x108060i is the better of the two settings available for you to use, since your source was a live sports, captured from a TV broadcast stream, but Power Director may not be handling the video properly. I don't think the video should need re-encoding, unless BFF is not allowed for Blu-Ray. (MPEG-2 video at 1920x1080 29.97 frames interlaced / 59.94 fields (16:9) is listed in the Blu-Ray specs posted here at VideoHelp, but the specs don't go into detail about field order.)
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 3rd Dec 2014 at 15:20.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what BFF is. I don't want to re-encode this video. All I want to do is create a chapter menu and burn it to a Blu-Ray without any quality loss. I have Cyberlink PD so I thought I could use that. I am open to all suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  12. BFF is bottom field first, TFF is top field first

By convention, all HD video should be TFF.

If the playback is forward, back, forward, back - jerky like that , those are symptoms of wrong field order

For SD content , it doesn't matter TFF or BFF . I have never seen HD content authored with BFF, I don't even know if it's allowed. You can change the field order to TFF, but it requires re-encoding

Alternatively, you can burn it as a data disc (not authored blu-ray), but this means no menus
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by maverickluke View Post
    I'm not sure what BFF is. I don't want to re-encode this video. All I want to do is create a chapter menu and burn it to a Blu-Ray without any quality loss. I have Cyberlink PD so I thought I could use that. I am open to all suggestions.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/term.cfm/bottom_field_first Each interlaced frame is made up of two fields, which represent half the lines in pictures recorded at different points in time point in time. Each field becomes a complete picture when the video is properly de-interlaced for display, but the pictures need to be displayed in the order given (BFF or TFF) or the video looks jittery.

Pipped at the post again.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 3rd Dec 2014 at 15:53.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After doing more research, I believe the problem with the video is that it is interlaced. I cut the video into a 15 minute part and rendered it into an mpeg-2 file. I played it with VLC and the lines (mice teeth) are very pronounced. Someone said they deinterlaced the video first using avidemux and selecting blend. I am not sure how to do this. I am thinking of going this route, but I do not want to ruin the quality of the video. I would really appreciate advice on how to deinterlace this and if you think this is the way to go.
    Quote Quote  
  15. No - you don't want to deinterlace. The interlace keeps the smooth motion 59.94 fields / second. If you wanted to go to 720p59.94 then you might deinterlace . 1920x1080p59.94 is "illegal" for blu-ray

I think the problem is either how you are re-encoding it in powerdirector (either it's decoding it wrong or encoding it wrong) , or because it's BFF causing problems (bottom field first, not Best Friends Forever )

If you upload a sample from powerdirector output, it will provide more information
    Quote Quote  
  16. You don't want to deinterlace. Just encode interlaced and set your player to deinterlace (automatically when it plays an interlaced video). I recommend Yadif-2x in VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After doing more research, I believe the problem with the video is that it is interlaced. I cut the video into a 15 minute part and rendered it into an mpeg-2 file. I played it with VLC and the lines (mice teeth) are very pronounced. Someone said they deinterlaced the video first using avidemux and selecting blend. I am not sure how to do this. I am thinking of going this route, but I do not want to ruin the quality of the video. I would really appreciate advice on how to deinterlace this and if you think this is the way to go.
    VLC shows jaggies/mouse teeth any time VLC's deinterlacing is not turned on while playing interlaced video. That is normal.

The problem with the Blu-Ray video produced by PowerDirector is probably related to your source video being interlaced and bottom field first. PowerDirector apparently doesn't know what to do with HD interlaced video that is not top field first. If your source were interlaced and top field first, PowerDirector's output should look better, and if you are going to keep the resolution at 1920x1080 you should re-encode to interlaced and top field first. If you are going to de-interlace, your best choice is 720p60, to keep motion smooth. Only 1080p at 24 or 23.976 frames per second is legal for Blu-Ray, and your converted video will look jerky. That is because 36 frames per second out of a possible 60 frames per second would be discarded to get to 24 frames per second.

I don't think PowerDirector is the most reliable choice to use to correct your problem video for better Blu-Ray compatibility prior to authoring. However, someone else should probably give you advice on what tools would be better. I have opted not to author my TV captures and burn them to BD-R media as data files.

Looks like two people beat me this time. I need to learn how to write a bit faster.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 3rd Dec 2014 at 20:32.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am attempting to upload a sample that PowerDirector rendered. I did upload the file to My Files, but for some reason it is not attaching to this message. Hopefully you can access it via my files. Anyway, the deinterlacing in VLC worked like a charm. I have a Samsung BD player and did not see how to to that in settings. If the Bottom Field First is the problem and PowerDirector can't switch the field, can anyone recommend a program that can render this and switch the field? Also, I am going to also convert these files into .mp4 files to play on Apple
    TV, etc. Should I deinterlace in Handbrake while doing this? Also, I should probably convert to 720p from 1080. Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If there is a way for anyone other than you to access what you uploaded to "My Files" without you posting the link for the file, I am unaware of it. I even went to you profile page a few times to look for a clue there.

Click on "My Files". Right click on the file you want us to see and click "Copy Link Location". Paste in your post.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    If there is a way for anyone other than you to access what you uploaded to "My Files" without you posting the link for the file, I am unaware of it. I even went to you profile page a few times to look for a clue there.

Click on "My Files". Right click on the file you want us to see and click "Copy Link Location". Paste in your post.
    Nope. Only you/the logged in user can view the file list. So you must copy the link.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Nope. Only you/the logged in user can view the file list. So you must copy the link.
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an update. I used VideoStudio instead of PowerDirector to render the .ts file into an m2t file 1920 x 1080 encoding with H.264 with Top Field First. The end result is that the video has no mice teeth, lines and is excellent quality. The bad news is that the rendering process somehow messed up the audio where there is a long section of a high pitch squelching, interference noise. The audio in the .ts file is Dolby Digital 5.1 that I am very happy with and don't want to mess with it. I am thinking that the way to go at this point is to remove the audio from the .ts file and then render it in VS as described above and then somehow re-merge the audio back into the new .m2t file. I just don't know if this is possible and how to do it. If it is possible then I would be concerned about syncing issues between audio and video. If this works, and I can then burn a Blu-Ray disc with a chapter menu, I will be a very, very happy camper.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an update. I used VideoStudio instead of PowerDirector to render the .ts file into an m2t file 1920 x 1080 encoding with H.264 with Top Field First. The end result is that the video has no mice teeth, lines and is excellent quality. The bad news is that the rendering process somehow messed up the audio where there is a long section of a high pitch squelching, interference noise. The audio in the .ts file is Dolby Digital 5.1 that I am very happy with and don't want to mess with it. I am thinking that the way to go at this point is to remove the audio from the .ts file and then render it in VS as described above and then somehow re-merge the audio back into the new .m2t file. I just don't know if this is possible and how to do it. If it is possible then I would be concerned about syncing issues between audio and video. If this works, and I can then burn a Blu-Ray disc with a chapter menu, I will be a very, very happy camper.
    Demultiplex your two sources with VideoReDo TV Suite H.264. Re-multiplex the video and audio that you want to keep with TSMuxer GUI. If there are sync issues maybe someone else can give you a suggestion for a better muxing program.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I spent some time with video redo trying to extract the audio with no luck. I apologize, but I am not very experienced and savvy with this.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I spent some time with video redo trying to extract the audio with no luck. I apologize, but I am not very experienced and savvy with this.
    • Open the file in VideoReDo TV Suite H.264.
    • Click Add "Selection". Click "Save As".
    • For an MPEG-2 TS/M2TS file, select "MPEG2 elementary streams (*.m2v)" for "Save as Type". For an H.264 TS file, select "H.264 Elementary streams (*.h264)" for "Save as Type".
    • Click "Save".

The above should produce separate audio and video files.

You need VideoReDo TV Suite H.264 to work with H.264 video. VideoReDo Plus won't open H.264 video.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sorry again. I open video redo h.264. A small screen comes up and there is a button that I can click that says Open Video. I click open video and select the file. I then click file-save video as, but it does not separate the video from audio.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sorry again. I open video redo h.264. A small screen comes up and there is a button that I can click that says Open Video. I click open video and select the file. I then click file-save video as, but it does not separate the video from audio.
    For which file(s) does this not work? I tried demultiplexing with VideoReDo with both an H.264 TS file and a MPEG-2 TS file. Both had AC3 audio. I got separate audio and video files for both.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am opening a .ts file and then saving. It saves as another .ts file with audio and video together. This is whole thing is very frustrating. I am using Videostudio to take a .ts file that was created by videoredo and also ts-doctor. This cleaned up the original .m2ts file nicely. I just want to create a blu-ray that works. Videostudio produces an excellent video quality file, but for some reason when it renders it, there are sections of the clip where the audio is messed up either with no sound or a squelching distortion. Not sure what to do from here. I will never again try to record a program from my dvr box and then put it on a BD because this is a nightmare.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Recall those errors in the handbrake error log ? It's probably having the same problems

Just play it as a data disc, as is a 1:1 backup. Forget about authoring a blu-ray. That only works if your video is "good" . You lose quality when re-encoding anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am opening a .ts file and then saving. It saves as another .ts file with audio and video together. This is whole thing is very frustrating.
    The default format VideoReDo uses for saving files is the same format as the source. However, the version of VideoReDo TV Suite H.264 I use provides multiple options for how a file can be saved. They are found in a drop-down/pop up menu located under the text box where you specify the file name to use for saving. The drop-down/pop up menu is labeled with "Save as Type" to its left. If I click on the drop down/pop up menu I see "MPEG2 elementary streams (*.m2v)" and "H.264 Elementary streams (*.h264)" among the options. Those are what I told you to use in my instructions. Is the drop-down/pop up menu unavailable in the version of VideoReDo that you have?

Since this has become such a pain in the butt, I agree with poisondeathray, just save your file as data. It is what I do myself.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Dec 2014 at 13:45.
    Quote Quote