VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Audition on Windows 7. I have an ION Profile LP turntable to put vinyl to CD. The USB "audio level" is so high I have to set the Windows 7 recording level to 2. That doesn't give me much leeway of setting a decent recording level.

Is there any trick to handling this, or is there some utility that will attenuate the USB audio before it reaches Audition?

I have to use the RCA outputs of the turntable at the moment because of this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Unless there is an output level control on the usb turntable the only way to set is either through an eternal attenuator or go to control panel/sound and adjust the line-input control level.

If you get the proper sound output from the rca connectors to your sound card line-in then use that and forget about the usb connector.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe there is a pot in the guts of the circuit board that could be tweaked, but that's not for the faint of heart...

I notice those models are notorious on the webboards for their lower quality (cheap TT, cheap cartridge, no-antiskate, hum), so I'm not surprised.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought I was pushing my luck. Might be a good app to write, it is only a bit of arithmetic.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Found this: http://download.cnet.com/USB-Audio-ASIO-Driver/3000-2120_4-10066659.html, but $70 is a bit on the heavy side.
    Last edited by NDMMackay; 2nd Dec 2014 at 21:18.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!