VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got about 24 MKV files that have song subtitles (subtitles that only subtitle the intro/outro song) set to default, and English audio set to default. I want to have English subtitles (all) set to default, and Japanese audio set to default. I know how to do that within MPC-HC, and VLC (and so on), but I want to stream the files to PS3, and have everything seamless.

How do I do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A lot of players simply ignore MKV "default" flags and just play the first video or audio in the file (and can be set to play the first subtitle first). Do you happen to know which way the PS3 goes?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    A lot of players simply ignore MKV "default" flags and just play the first video or audio in the file (and can be set to play the first subtitle first). Do you happen to know which way the PS3 goes?
    It selects English automatically, and the problem with that is it confuses the Lyrics/Signs Only Subtitle over the Full English Subtitles.

So I want to remove the Lyrics/Signs Subtitles so it doesn't get confused.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming all the files are the same, the video track is first, the audio tracks are second and there's two of them this should work:

Code:
    :START

MKVMerge --default-track 0:1,1:0,2:1,3:0,4:1 "%~f1" --track-order 0:0,0:2,0:1,0:4,0:3 -o "%~dpn1-new%~x1"

SHIFT

if NOT [%1]==[] goto :START

goto :eof
    Otherwise you'll have to resort to processing MKVMerge or MediaInfo input.

If you want the actual tracks removed you can add the --audio-tracks and --video-tracks options and alter the track order to suit.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!