Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Blurred Render.png
Views:	335
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	28923
    Hi, I am quite new to video editing so I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing here if anyone can help. I've been recording on a gopro hero 3+ black edition and editing with Sony Vegas Pro 11. All video files look great straight off the camera and in the preview window while editing but when I render the video some of the clips seem to have overlapping frames which creates a kind of blurry shaddow around the moving objects. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I have used clips of both 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 60fps so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.
    If anyone has any advice on how I can sort this it would be greatly appreciated but like I said I'm a beginner so if you could make it easy to follow please

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need to disable resample in vegas, and match the frame rates of the videos to the project settings. When they don't match and you have 'smart resample' enabled, it will blend frames causing "double images" that you are seeing
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Smart Resample" I think is Sony's answer to making everything disparate to come together, and it quite frankly needs a permanent way to shut it off. It's a real nuisance.

And you have to disable it for EVERY event on the timeline. So what I do is shut it off in the first clip, then do a Copy, then a "Paste Attribute" to all the other clips.

If someone has a slicker solution that'd be great.
    Last edited by budwzr; 4th Dec 2014 at 19:43.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There are scripts that disable resample for everything . Some are posted on the CreativeCow forum
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Meh, Creative Cow? I'm not crazy about that place, except for John Rofrano, he's cool. Meh, scripts? I have to use my brain? Can you scout me up something that looks good? Help out a fellow VH devil bud?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You don't have to post there, just copy the script and leave. Make a post about your socks or something
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll try, but all helps appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  8. This isn't the original one (it was posted a few years ago at the Cow), but it should work

http://eposvox.com/2014/04/never-forget-disable-resample-sony-vegas-tutorial/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but no workee. Crashes with long error log. VegasPro12. Does Vegasaurus have that? Let me check. I don't mind to pay a couple bucks for something more stable than the useal free stuff.
    Last edited by budwzr; 4th Dec 2014 at 22:12.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I don't really use vegas much anymore... I know the version or versions(s) at the Cow worked for Vegas 9 or 10 . Post it when you got it working
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, thanks for the help even though. Mezzem Krizm.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!