VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I want to merge several separate .movs that have their own extensive subtitles. I have tried to use media converters as well as FCPX BUT THE TEXT tracks are just not recognized when I try to merge the videos. The video tracks merge and play fine, but the text tracks of the subtitling disappear. These are 5 long (hour) .movs with extensive subtitling to follow the lectures, each which displays fine on their own, burt the subtitling disappears when I merge the files into one long movie (which using media converter is an .mp4)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried quicktime pro?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a mac user and I have QT pro 7
    The question is merging
    I could try just pasting one after another into a file
    Thank you for trying to help
    I was hoping for an automated merge program but I will try manually adding each video to the one berore in QT and see if the subtitles survive. Why not?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know about sub-tittles, but you can try MpegStreamClip or this post: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/368314-Merge-mp4-files-without-reencoding-with-Virt...=1#post2359558

It should work for mov just like mp4.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    Yes I want to merge several separate .movs that have their own extensive subtitles. I have tried to use media converters as well as FCPX BUT THE TEXT tracks are just not recognized when I try to merge the videos. The video tracks merge and play fine, but the text tracks of the subtitling disappear. These are 5 long (hour) .movs with extensive subtitling to follow the lectures, each which displays fine on their own, burt the subtitling disappears when I merge the files into one long movie (which using media converter is an .mp4)
    In FCPX did you try editing each clip into it's own sequence, then edit the sequences together -- not the clips?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!