VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 (both 64-bit Professional) and subsequently ended up updating Media Player Classic.

Version used on Windows XP:
    Media Player Classic unicode build 6.4.9.1 revision 107
    Version now being used on Windows 7:
    Media Player Classic 1.7.7

But I was having issues with the audio going very noticeably out of sync with certain videos. So I installed the K-Lite codec pack.

Version used on Windows XP:
    K-Lite Codec Pack Mega 9.4.0
    Version now being used on Windows 7:
    K-Lite Codec Pack Mega 10.8.5

Now there is flickering happening with a lot of videos (although it's possible this could have started before installing the K-Lite codecs), most notably in some of the ones in the VIDEO_TS folder format. With those, the flickering has vertical stripes and in the worst cases, the audio goes drastically out of sync. Other videos in the VIDEO_TS format seem to work fine.

I'm hoping it's just a checkbox for some codec I didn't check when installing the K-Lite codec pack, but I'm not sure which one. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm confused as to which version of MPC you're running. Are you confusing MPC with MPC-HC?

I guess you went from MPC 6.4.9.1 to MPC-HC 1.7.7 when you switched to Win7. If so, that's good.

The "flickering" and "stripes" problem sounds like the video is interlaced and it isn't being de-interlaced on playback as it should be.
    The audio going out of sync issue..... is it just DVD video? The current MPC-HC seems to be pretty good when it comes to playing DVD video, but it can be problematic. Anyway......

Follow the link to the VideoHelp MPC-HC page (not MPC) and download the portable version. You can unzip it and run it. No installation required. Go into Options and under Player, check "save settings to ini file". Click Apply, then under Miscellaneous, use the "reset" button. The end result should be the portable version is self-contained. No external splitters or codecs needed. Try playing a problem video with the portable version. If it plays okay.... well it's probably not a MPC-HC's issue as such and you've taken the first step toward finding the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried your suggestion, but I'm still getting the same results with a problem video.

Yes, I believe I was confusing MPC with MPC-HC. I did not know there was a distinction until now; I thought HC was just their new tag line or something. So yes, you're correct; I went from MPC 6.4.9.1 to MPC-HC 1.7.7 (actually, looking again, it's 1.7.7.128 952ebca, to be precise).

Currently, yes, it's only the audio of some DVD videos that goes out of sync, although before the K-Lite installation, audio from trailers downloaded from IMDB was out of sync, only not as bad. That out-of-sync issue seemed to be by a consistent amount, whereas this issue with the audio from the DVD video is seemingly more erratic and extreme.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible this problem I'm having could have something to do with my video card and/or its drivers?
    I have a GeForce GT 640 GC 1GB, with version 344.65 installed.
    Quote Quote