VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings..
    hope and wish all are fine

i need a help about getting DVD menu button image extracted. By button image i don't mean the menu image or the image of the button. I mean the button that shows up when you highlight (on computer mouse over on a button). To be truth i don't know what that's exactly named/called.

i hope that makes sense?

Note: this thread shows how to extract/edit menus but don't says how to extract the button that i asked above

Link:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/254043-Guide-for-extracting-menus-for-editing-and-r...g-edited-menus

thanks in advance..

best regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    for better understanding.. i have attached here few images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shohag+Biplob_001.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	28867

Name:	Shohag+Biplob_000.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	28868

Name:	Shohag+Biplob_005.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	28869

Name:	Shohag+Biplob_004.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	28870

Name:	Shohag+Biplob_003.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	28871

Name:	Shohag+Biplob_002.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	28872

just notice when i highlight different button/item on menu that image shows/up

i hope that will help to understand better

best regards
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can extract the BMPs on which the buttons are based using DVDSubEdit.

Edit: I only now noticed that thing by each of the text lines. Sorry, I don't know how to extract that. If you asked in the IFO Editors forum at Doom9, the PGCEdit author is found there more often than here. Also a number of other DVD program creators and very knowledgeable people, if no one here knows the answer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Manono, if I understand correctly, Shohag_ifas wants to extract the highlights, and therefore your answer is perfect: he should use DVDSubEdit.
    But I don't understand your edit, so perhaps I'm missing something.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hehe, they're called highlights, are they? The reason my edit sounds confusing is because I was confused. A couple of hours later I was thinking about it some more and decided that was exactly what DVDSubEdit extracted - what Shohag_ifas wanted - but then forgot to come back and re-edit. Thanks for coming along and straightening me out.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Hehe, they're called highlights, are they?
    Well, I'm not sure. IMO, it's the right term, but you can also use the more technical term "subpicture", as the highlights are implemented with subpictures.

But to be more precise, the subpictures are not sufficient to build the highlights, since they require also the colour scheme, colour map and hot areas defined in the IFOs. Since we don't know exactly what Shohag_ifas wants to do, the first step is to extract the subpictures with DVDSubEdit anyway.

[BTW, usually I visit the VideoHelp forum once a week, usually the monday morning. But I search for "PgcEdit" in the new posts, and I read only them. So, I'm certainly missing many interesting posts, and my reply may come too late in many cases. If necessary, it is possible to contact me more rapidly via the Doom9's DVD forum. Once again, you were right.]
    Last edited by r0lZ; 1st Dec 2014 at 06:33.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is it better to extract the subpictures/highlights as a bitmap or as a .sup from DvdSubEdit? And do you know if saving the subpicture as a 24bit bitmap as opposed to a 4bit or ppm file matter?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by MindController View Post
    Is it better to extract the subpictures/highlights as a bitmap or as a .sup from DvdSubEdit? And do you know if saving the subpicture as a 24bit bitmap as opposed to a 4bit or ppm file matter?
    I suppose it depends on what you want to do with it. If for editing, then as a BMP. If for adding to a new, perhaps edited, menu, then as a SUP. And you want 4-bit.

But I'll defer to whatever r0lZ has to say about it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't remember if it is possible to save as 4-bit, but indeed it's better. (Or more precisely, you need a 4 colors, 2-bit image.) Anyway, when you re-import the bitmap in DVDSubEdit, it tries to recreate the 4 original colours, by assigning the pixels in the closest colours to each of the 4 available colours. So, when you edit the bitmap, you should use only the 4 original colours, and if possible disable the antialiasing, as otherwise the result may be unpredictable.

You need also to be sure that the 4 colours are saved as 4 very different colours when you export the bitmap, regardless of the number of bits. Sometimes, in the CLUT of the original IFO, the background colour is identical to one of the 3 other colours (and only the opacity level is different) and in that case, you can't edit the bitmap, because there is no way to distinguish the background and the body of the sub-picture. If it's the case, you may need to edit the palette before exporting, or use the "Automatic CLUT" option.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!