VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but, I do gaming videos in 60fps, and the footage is perfect when viewed at 720p60 and 1080p60 on youtube, but if i view at 480p or use another browser and watch at non 60fps, the video is extremely choppy at predictable short intervals.

The video in question is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2tsWJZsqSg

please watch and see it lag / chop a lot at different intervals when not viewed at 60fps

i use sony vegas and these are my encoding settings:

http://puu.sh/d7yDp/c2d151fb43.png

I have watched other gaming channels like theRadBrad upload 60fps videos for the same game and when i watch his at 480p there is no lag.

Again, my video is perfect when viewing at 60fps on utube, but as soon as 60fps option is off, it lags.

My source footage was recorded at 60 fps also.

I had disabled resampling and tried uploading another test file on my other channel, and the same exact thing is occurring, i am totally lost as to what it is, maybe it is not truely disabled, or something to do with using the trimmer to import clips. HELP!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. There was no 480 available on your link, for ipad anyway. It's probably more a matter of playback bandwidth than encoding since YouTube re encodes everything anyway. There's not a lot you can do except let it buffer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. actually nothing to do with bandwidth, it's an issue when youtube converts my 60fps footage into 30fps
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your 60FPS YT file is actually 30FPS with duplicates

YT did screw up the 480p conversion, every 3rd frame is a duplicate in some sections (some parts are ok)

According to that article smrpix linked to , there is no reason to capture at 60FPS in this PS4 scenario, and no reason to upload 60FPS (just export 30FPS from vegas)
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks for the reply, helps a lot, but can you explain how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzWyZQwMkFU&list=PLs1-UdHIwbo6IMvQ1lBreoQkKYEKEqNK5

this guy uploaded 60fps video and he has no stuttering in the 480p or less 30fps versions, do you think he recorded @ 30fps, then encoded to 60fps? Would that fix the problem of the lag?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Maybe you should ask him ?

Or just upload a 30FPS version (like people have been doing for years without problems)

In your specific case, it's clearly an issue with how youtube processed it in certain sections, because if you take your 60FPS version and just take 1/2 the frames, it's normal 30FPS, pretty smooth (other sections were fine in your 30 FPS video, only some sections had problems)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Won't be able to ask him, he has like 3.5 mil subs lol

and 60fps is kind of the norm for gaming vid uploads now, kind of annoying that i run into problems, and for this series in particular it's more of a gimmicky thing, viewers are of the more younger demographic so when you upload standard non 60fps footage (even for a game like gta which outputs 30), they think they are missing out and you lose the battle before its even started...

so...

either 1) game outputs 30 fps and when i record at 60fps the frames are uneven or something, which is weird because if i re encode my 60fps footage to 30fps it is fine, its only when i upload it to youtube at 60 is ruins it.

or 2) an encoding setting in vegas that youtube doesn't agree with perhaps?

I guess i'll try record at 30, re encode to 60, upload to youtube, and see if it does the same thing.

or use adobe premiere instead of vegas, and see if the problem is occuring again, might be a setting related problem

or re-encode it to 30, re upload and just be done with it, without 60fps, which i would prefer not to do
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by mr2ggaming View Post
    either 1) game outputs 30 fps and when i record at 60fps the frames are uneven or something, which is weird because if i re encode my 60fps footage to 30fps it is fine, its only when i upload it to youtube at 60 is ruins it.
    Your game renders at 30 fps and you record at 60fps?

That does not make any sense whatsoever.
    Quote Quote  
  9. BTW , I checked by downloading the actual videos, that's how I know for certain. There can be playback issues in some browsers

Assuming you have no dropped frames , and you did it correctly, there should be no difference to youtube between a) recording 60, encoding 30, or b) recording 30, encoding 30.

And there should be no difference between 1) recording 60 when gameplay is at 30, uploading at 60 vs. 2) recording at 30, doubling frames to 60, uploading at 60.

In both those scenarios, youtube "sees" the same thing

And it doesn't make any sense why YT would mess up only parts of the video
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Your game renders at 30 fps and you record at 60fps?

That does not make any sense whatsoever.

I agree it doesn't make sense, but i want to provide a standard across all my videos, in my banner i advertise 60fps videos, as so i don't want to have any 30fps videos on my channel (even if the game doesn't run at 60fps), I'm talking about the option for it when you click the quality button on the video itself.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    I agree it doesn't make sense, but i want to provide a standard across all my videos, in my banner i advertise 60fps videos, as so i don't want to have any 30fps videos on my channel (even if the game doesn't run at 60fps), I'm talking about the option for it when you click the quality button on the video itself.
    So not only does it not make any sense you are also trying to be a cheat.
    Quote Quote  
  12. well you can think what you like, majority of games i am going to try to dow ill be in 60fps, but i don't want a series like gta to appear to be low quality, when big namers on YT have 60fps option on their videos. Kids don't understand that the game only outputs 30, they just see another channel has a 60fps option, and might feel like they are missing out or my channel is of a lower quality. Not sure what u got stuck up yer arse.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by mr2ggaming View Post
    ...but i don't want a series like gta to appear to be low quality, when big namers on YT have 60fps option on their videos.
    Appear to be of low quality? I downloaded the silly thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzWyZQwMkFU&list=PLs1-UdHIwbo6IMvQ1lBreoQkKYEKEqNK5

and MediaInfo tells me the hi-def version I got is 29.97fps. Is MediaInfo wrong? Can someone confirm or deny?
    Not sure what u got stuck up yer arse.
    It's called 'common sense'. Maybe 'integrity', too?
    Quote Quote  
  14. @manono there is a 60fps version for that link. Some software can pick it up eg. IDM

But it's not really 60fps content
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    MediaInfo tells me the hi-def version I got is 29.97fps.
    I downloaded the 720p version with Kibase.com and it was definitely 29.97 fps.

I'm downloading via clipconverter.cc now. It says 60p but I the download hasn't completed yet.
    Last edited by jagabo; 28th Nov 2014 at 21:00.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not surprised since GTA is locked in at 30fps. Anybody bragging higher is lying/fudging the numbers.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  17. Got the 1080p60 version from clipconverter.cc. As was pointed out earlier, it's really 30 fps with dups. Clipconverter.cc only shows 1080p and 720p available at 60 Hz. Which pretty much verifies what the OP claimed:

[Attachment 28892 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!