VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi cats,

I should wonder if the CLSID: {E2510970-F137-11CE-8B67-00AA00A3F1A6} string that I seen on my dsfmgr is taked by windows, or is fixed becaused taked by internally the qcap.dll

So CLSID: {E2510970-F137-11CE-8B67-00AA00A3F1A6} is fixed or variable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	E25.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	857.5 KB
ID:	28827

supposing I would replace this filter with another filter, for example the elecard MP4 muxer (that have another clsid): I would like hack the elecard filter so that is take the same CLSID, and call as "AVI MUX" so that when I clic on the AVI mux I see the elecard one and not the qcap.dll/microsoft one. Is possible that? thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A CLSID is a type of GUID, or "Globally Unique" ID# for that particular app or dll/api. It points to THAT and ONLY THAT particular piece of software. You should not be co-opting it.
    Besides the fact that doing so is the equivalent of what malware does, the app may have unique protocols/ports/settings which other apps interact with in only certain ways, and breaking that link could break those other apps.

Is it possible? - Maybe, maybe not.
    Is it recommended? - No.

But, somehow I think this warning will be ignored anyway...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Possible it is, and it will also royally screw the DirectShow environment. Probably it will also screw many other things which apparently have nothing to do with DirectShow. You have been warned.

P.S.: Are you sure that you are a cat

http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&source=hp&safe=off&q=%22stubborn+like+a+...e+Search&gbv=1
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    P.S.: Are you sure that you are a cat
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    A CLSID is a type of GUID, or "Globally Unique" ID# for that particular app or dll/api. It points to THAT and ONLY THAT particular piece of software. You should not be co-opting it.
    Besides the fact that doing so is the equivalent of what malware does, the app may have unique protocols/ports/settings which other apps interact with in only certain ways, and breaking that link could break those other apps.

Is it possible? - Maybe, maybe not.
    Is it recommended? - No.

But, somehow I think this warning will be ignored anyway...

Scott
    I wonder: the string {E2510970-F137-11CE-8B67-00AA00A3F1A6} is writted in the qcap.dll? if yes where is writted?

I cannot find the string, at least in clear, in the qcap.dll

so I wonder: is possible that is windows that assign {E2510970-F137-11CE-8B67-00AA00A3F1A6} ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CLS.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	634.4 KB
ID:	28831
    Quote Quote  
  6. These values are added to the registry by the installation program, usually you would look in the INF file. That dll being part of Windows the CLSID is already in the registry and it was assigned by MS when they built the OS image.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!