VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy a replacement remote control for the Mag 513 DVD recorder and not have to buy a new recorder just to get a new remote control?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I would not recommend continuing to say things like "Mag" instead of "Magnavox" and expect everybody to understand what you mean, but that's your decision, not mine. If I wanted help I would be as clear as possible but that's just me.

On top of that, "513" is pretty vague. I think maybe you mean the MDR513H, which as far as I can tell is 4 years old and not currently being manufactured. Again, you can only get as much help as the information you provide. usually_quiet was nice enough to work within your severe lack of information, but future similar lazy queries may not get such helpful responses.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    usually_quiet:

Thank you very much for the pointer to the remote control replacement. Your help is most appreciated.

jman98:

Despite your rather smug comment and superior tone, I have used the terms "Mag" and "513" in other threads I have started over the past couple of years and no one had any problem understanding to which machine I was referring. In fact, many people were quite helpful in posting to those threads, none of whom felt the need, nor the appropriateness, of presuming to assess the level of effort I put in to my queries. But I will thank you for at least reading it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ Novice20

Google "Mag513" and all the hits are for some type of sling.

Shortcut nomenclature is a pet peeve of mine.
    Usually only those who own that piece of equipment know what you are talking about.
    So that translates, that its you who exhibits the smug and superior tone.
    Quote Quote