VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a video with a running man. I would like to put substitute his head with a head of monkey. For a simple version, I want to use one static image of a monkey head for all frames. What filter would do the job, so that this new overlay image will move? I can obviously do it frame by frame in Photoshop, but this is a pretty daunting task. More advanced version is to take some video of moving monkey head and to transplant it to the original video. Is there any filter for this?

Thanks for the help,
    Vadim
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you're even asking about doing this in virtualdub you're probably in over your head. Virtualdub may be up to the task if you get into some heavy Avisynth scripting.

Get a real NLE like Vegas Movie Studio, or do it properly in After Effects. If you know how to do it photoshop, the principles are exactly the same -- multiple video tracks, masking, motion tracking.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not in Virtual dub. You can do it in Aviutl, it's also free. You can do it in any video editor that supports multi layers and key-frame animation.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for help. Is there any tutorial for Aviutl? It is absolutely not clear how to use it...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vadim1508 View Post
    Thanks for help. Is there any tutorial for Aviutl? It is absolutely not clear how to use it...
    https://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/28528-1415995897/MotionTracking_Z_tut.mp4
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. Vadim, I'm assuming you are fairly new to this.

Please report back on your experience learning AviUtl. It's very powerful but quite different than most NLEs and I'd be very curious to hear how someone "untainted" by the more usual workflows takes to it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also made a speaking version of that tutorial that may be more helpful. Assuming you can understand my Boston accent, that is........
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you for your help.
    I will try to understand and let you know.
    This might take some time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't be too hard on yourself if you can't figure it out, this is very advanced shit.......

It may help if you watch some less demanding tutorials to learn the program:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/360967-AviUtl-video-tutorial?p=2288628#post2288628

Here I motion tracked a hat on a hot girl running as an example of what you can expect:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/28668-1416440027/Hat.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  10. May be i'm becoming a pervert(Sadist?) or insane geek.... it seems my feeling of "difficulty level" is different from the majority of the population...
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I want one of those racer-x cowboy hats with the slick logo. I'm making a sequel to that promo and I'm calling it "Bouncing Betty"....Stay tuned.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    I want one of those racer-x cowboy hats with the slick logo. I'm making a sequel to that promo and I'm calling it "Bouncing Betty"....Stay tuned.
    Looking forward to seeing it, here ya go....
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cowboy_hat_Bozo.png
Views:	760
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	28895  

Quote Quote  
  13. what's the story behind the anti-clown , racer ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    what's the story behind the anti-clown , racer ?
    That goes way back to the 80's. I had one of those "No Bozos" stickers on the back of my helmet. It was an 80's thing, It was popular on T-shirts similar to the big yellow smiley face.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This "model" makes your hat look a lot better. Less distracting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Baby.gif
Views:	2959
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	28898

I remember the No Bozo emblem from the 80's too. It means you don't have time for dumbasses.
    Last edited by budwzr; 29th Nov 2014 at 12:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice job budwzr, did you do that in Vegas or HitFilm?

As fo the No Bozos, even Eddie Van Halen wore it on a T-shirt.....
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 80's were the good old days. I thought I could do a better hat animation, but it's a real PITA, hahaha. I only use HitFilm to make particles, not regular editing. It's not nearly as useful as Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  18. What an avatar with deep root and history!
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!