VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings, hope all active member on this forum are fine

I have a specific needs and can't figure out the right way thus looking for yours help

I need to combine multiple DVD movies (with all menus, subs, etc) into single DVD.

What I have tried and the issue found:

Using DVD Remake Pro: (Version 3.6.3)

Issue-1: It can only combine up to 4 DVDs.

Issue 2: The Home/Main menu is worst I ever seen.

Issue 3: It don't compress/re-code any DVD just join so, the output DVD is a giant size like 32GB or so

Issue 4: The linking/navigation don't works fine. some times getting back to main menu stops the DVD

Question - 1: How to combine unlimited DVD at least 6?

Question - 2: How to change the Main menu (that is generated by DVD Remake Pro) with my custom menu ?

Question - 3: How to compress/re-encode the vob files to make it to fit in a single DVD.

a) a vob file also have audio, subs in it. I think I can compress/re-encode the vob file using ffmepg but then what would happen to the subs and audio?

b) vob files splited to multiple 1gb chunk how can I join them then compress with ffmpeg?

c) is it possible to re-encode the video and audio separate then join all together again (video, audio and subs)?

d) is it possible to make the video fit in certain size? for example video size would not cross 800MB?

Question - 4: How can I tune up/modify the navigation/links with menus to movies and so on?

hope all those makes sense? sorry for my bad English as that is not my native language

I hope I would get some answers to start

thanks in advance

best regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Shohag_ifas View Post
    Greetings, hope all active member on this forum are fine

I have a specific needs and can't figure out the right way thus looking for yours help

I need to combine multiple DVD movies (with all menus, subs, etc) into single DVD.

What I have tried and the issue found:

Using DVD Remake Pro: (Version 3.6.3)

Issue-1: It can only combine up to 4 DVDs.

Issue 2: The Home/Main menu is worst I ever seen.

Issue 3: It don't compress/re-code any DVD just join so, the output DVD is a giant size like 32GB or so

Issue 4: The linking/navigation don't works fine. some times getting back to main menu stops the DVD

Question - 1: How to combine unlimited DVD at least 6?

Question - 2: How to change the Main menu (that is generated by DVD Remake Pro) with my custom menu ?

Question - 3: How to compress/re-encode the vob files to make it to fit in a single DVD.

a) a vob file also have audio, subs in it. I think I can compress/re-encode the vob file using ffmepg but then what would happen to the subs and audio?

b) vob files splited to multiple 1gb chunk how can I join them then compress with ffmpeg?

c) is it possible to re-encode the video and audio separate then join all together again (video, audio and subs)?

d) is it possible to make the video fit in certain size? for example video size would not cross 800MB?

Question - 4: How can I tune up/modify the navigation/links with menus to movies and so on?

hope all those makes sense? sorry for my bad English as that is not my native language

I hope I would get some answers to start

thanks in advance

best regards
    Sorry but you missed the class called "DVD 101". The more you re-encode, the worse it will look. 2(full) DVDs to one is horrible.....and you want up to 6? These aren't ZIP files you are dealing with. By the time you are done.....the menus you want will look 6x better than the video.
    Last edited by hech54; 25th Nov 2014 at 04:41. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Sorry but you missed the class called "DVD 101". The more you re-encode, the worse it will look. 2(full) DVDs to one is horrible.....and you want up to 6? These aren't ZIP files you are dealing with. By the time you are done.....the menus you want will look 6x better than the video.
    thanks for your reply
    yes sir, i do know.. that i will get worse quality. But in my case video quality is less important than my goal and know this is possible because i have seen similar DVDs out there.

thanks again for reply sir...

best regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Shohag_ifas View Post
    i do know.. that i will get worse quality. But in my case video quality is less important than my goal...
    Answer 1: Use it twice (but menu structure might get more complicated)
    Answer 2: Use this manual: http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/ht_customize_menu_full.php
    Answer 3: Use DVDShrink
    Quote Quote  
  5. What a stupid idea. Have you ever seen any of those 3-in-1 DVDs sold all over the Indian subcontinent? They look like utter garbage. And you want to create something much much worse?

Forget the original menus as Indian menus are often way too big (often 3-400 MB all by themselves) and you need all the space you can get. Just reencode or transcode the movies individually to the desired size (use DVD Shrink if you don't know how to do this right) and then open them in any authoring program to join them together and create menus.
    Forget about it. You're in way over your head.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!