VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am hoping for some insight. I have read many threads on audio desyncing and can't find a solution to my problem.

I am using Mediaportal to record video with my Colossus capture card. The video is a ts file with 5.1 sound. TsMuxer offers a way to create a bluray with 5.1 sound. However, the resulting files have considerable audio desyncing. About 8 secs for every 15 minutes. I have transcoded the file in many ways, but the resulting Bluray always desyncs.

In my efforts to solve the problem, I discovered the demuxed AC3 sound will sync perfectly with a 24fps video file (I reencoded the file just to see). The actual video file shows 29.97 fps. A 24 fps video looks choppy. All of the mkv and mp4 files when played are synced.

I have tried many ways of reencoding the video to sync video and 5.1 sound.

Does anyone know of a way to resolve this basic desyncing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does original TS play in sync ?

What does mediainfo (view=>text ) say about the TS? Copy & paste the results back here . If I'm not mistaken the Colossus doesn't record using BD compatible settings (you'd need to re-encode it anyways)

What kind of recording is it? What content? e.g. Hollywood film, Sports, etc....

All of the mkv and mp4 files when played are synced.
    How did you make the 24fps file? Is it exactly 24/29.97 the duration of the original file ? Post the mediainfo report for one of the re-synced files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by leetxjd View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to resolve this basic desyncing?
    Maybe. But a sample will be needed, 10seconds or so from the source, one with steady movement.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Does original mediainfo say about the TS? Copy & paste the results back here . If I'm not mistaken the Colossus doesn't record using BD compatible settings (you'd need to re-encode it anyways)

What kind of recording is it? What content? e.g. Hollywood film, Sports, etc....

All of the mkv and mp4 files when played are synced.
    How did you make the 24fps file? Is it exactly 24/29.97 the duration of the original file ? Post the mediainfo report for one of the re-synced files
    It is a TV recording made with Mediaportal. I used Roxio video converter to make a 24 fps mpeg file (I also made 29.97 and 25 fps files. I demuxed the ac3 file with TsMuxer. The AC3 audio file and the 24 fps video are the same length. The 29.97 fps video is many seconds shorter than the AC3 file.

When I used TsMuxer to then mux the files into a bluray compatible m2ts file - the 24 fps video was the only video with perfect sync. The quality of a 24 fps file is very low.

I know that there must be some timing index in the mp4 mkv and other containers that is missing (or just not present in the container) for m2ts files.

Mediainfo reports h264 at 29.97 - decoded format Planar 4:2:0 YUV. Audio AC3 (a52) channels 3F2R/LFE at 48000 Hz bitrate 384.

I am hoping to find a strategy to encode the AC3 file to match the 29.97 video. My own attempts to change the sample rate results in badly stuttering audio.

The only programs I have that will reencode all modify the 5.1 sound to stereo. TsMuxer will create 5.1 audio iso files, but with the AC3 audio I have from the colossus I can't keep the 5.1 aspect of the recording. I will have to downmix to stereo.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!