VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello!

I hope this is the right forum for the question.

Thank you for clicking on my thread.

I'll try making it short.

I recorded a video with my camera, it was a canon IXUS. I was happy- except the file size was over one GB for the 13 minute clip.

After adding some picture in picture with VSDC player, and compressing it with handbreak, new file size 450mbs...

except it would not upload to youtube. Youtube stucks at uploading (94%).

I tried uploading the uncompressed video (Minus the handbrake step) and it works OK.

Changes made were: I used 4 reference frames, changed sound quality to 128 bitrate, clicked web optimized, all else was default.

Any ideas why the compressed video does not load? Network glitch or could it be the HB?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SunnyEarther View Post
    Hello!

I hope this is the right forum for the question.

Thank you for clicking on my thread.

I'll try making it short.

I recorded a video with my camera, it was a canon IXUS. I was happy- except the file size was over one GB for the 13 minute clip.

After adding some picture in picture with VSDC player, and compressing it with handbreak, new file size 450mbs...

except it would not upload to youtube. Youtube stucks at uploading (94%).

I tried uploading the uncompressed video (Minus the handbrake step) and it works OK.

Changes made were: I used 4 reference frames, changed sound quality to 128 bitrate, clicked web optimized, all else was default.

Any ideas why the compressed video does not load? Network glitch or could it be the HB?

Thank you!
    First of all when you say "stuck", did you actually get an error or did you simply give up after awhile?

If may actually be processing the video. Sometimes it takes a long time to finish the last few percentages because of processing. Youtube processes videos in queues so if the queues are full you have to wait longer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Handbrake and YouTube have been getting along famously for years, so it probably has to do with your encoding settings. H.264 with AAC audio in an .mp4 wrapper is pretty standard. What are you outputting from VSDC?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nowadays I use the iPod/iPhone setting in HandBrake then upload to YouTube.....size doesn't matter....it's only YouTube.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Nowadays I use the iPod/iPhone setting in HandBrake then upload to YouTube.....size doesn't matter....it's only YouTube.
    You seem to insinuate that it does not matter what quality source you upload and that is blatantly untrue and does a disservice to the people who follow this forum.

Youtube does re-encode everything but if you provide a good source for instance using DNxHD codec the results will be better than providing a bad low bitrate source.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Youtube does re-encode everything
    You should have stopped right there.....so I did it for you.
    Quote Quote