VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Making amends, I ran some tests today. Where I didn't test usage of duration in "Matroska" as XML will only use start times.
    Matroska XML can handle end-times

Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I also tried importing mkv, mp4 but also ffmpeg-format into Converter for editing. Do I understand correctly that - for ffmpeg export - the listed time codes can't be edited? Converter's "editing" button does not seem to offer the same options it does provide in "Matroska" mode. There, start times can be adjusted. Maybe I'm overlooking something here.
    No you overlooking nothing. Editing in the Converter is not possible. This would be tooooo much work, for each format. The converter is only for convert from one format into another.

I noticed the testversion forgetting (some) settings. After succesful mp4 import sessions earlier - I was thrown an error because the path to MKVToolNix wasn't remembered anymore.
    Maybe it's related to having both the testversion and latest non-test.
    Strange. I don't know and I have never running in such situation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
    ...I didn't test usage of duration in "Matroska" as XML will only use start times.
    Matroska XML can handle end-times
    You'll understand my first thoughts here went to duration usage for proper ffmpeg export.
    You're right of course. And I did some checks. Importing ffmpeg-format.txt in Matroska indeed show all end times - including the last duration.
    When importing mp4 in Matroska only the start times are shown. A bit surprised here, I might have expected same info as for ffmpeg.txt.
    Quote Quote  
  3. [QUOTE=Ennio;2722297]
    When importing mp4 in Matroska only the start times are shown. A bit surprised here, I might have expected same info as for ffmpeg.txt.

cE doesn't have its own internal mp4 parser, so that was too much effort for me. As nice as the structure of MP4 may be, it can only be used for a few codecs, which I never use myself.
    Therefore MTX is used as a parser and cE processes what MTX delivers.
    But I'm also not sure whether FFmpeg sets the END times itself when you extract the chapters from the mp4 (if I understood that correctly).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But I'm also not sure whether FFmpeg sets the END times itself when you extract the chapters from the mp4 (if I understood that correctly).
    Yes, when extracting chapters from mp4 with FFmpeg, all (start &) end times are in the file, including the very last.

Thanks for the educational conversations and your work, hubble Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  5. chapterEditor(cE) rev1.43 is available.
    Windows
    Linux

There is a new cE version with several improvements and a few bugs have been fixed.

DGDemux version 1.0.0.73 must now be used for BD2mkv because Rocky has made important improvements.

Code:
    Change chapterEditor

added    &
    fixed    *
    improved #
    changed  %

rev1.43 2024-02-12
    // chapterEditor
    & Support for the FFmpeg MetaData format

// Chapter Converter
    & FFmpeg MetaData as output format
      - Time base adjustable
      - empty time base corresponds to nanoseconds

* FPS calculation now works again for the formats: Celltimes, MeGUI and x264QP

// Disc2mkv
    & Multiple track selection by right-clicking to activate and deactivate the tracks
      - Click on the checkbox -> all tracks
      - Click on the track type -> all tracks of the same type
      - Click on the language -> all tracks of the same language

// BD2mkv
    & Support for specially structured mpls files
      - removing duplicate m2ts files is not allowed
      - for a Multi-Edition MKV this mpls must not be the first

* Multi-Edition MKV mode: external tracks are now correctly included in the .mtxcfg file again

# Multi-Edition MKV mode: better detection of whether mpls files can be merged into a Multi-Edition MKV

% Support for DGDemux 1.0.0.73 (settings)
      - the switch "-sp" was replaced by "-ignorepl"
      - the "-ch" switch has been removed

// Matroska Menu (Medium-Linking)
    * Source is a folder: all previously loaded files are now correctly removed
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hubblec4; 13th Mar 2024 at 16:07.
    Quote Quote