VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

I would like to offer my chapter editor here.

You will find the complete english thread here.

download chapterEditor(rev1.43 Windows)
    download chapterEditor(rev1.43 Linux)

download chapterEditorCLI(rev0.01)

This version is deprecated and no longer supported. Only until MKVToolNix version 19 is supported.
    download chapterEditor(rev0.51)

Matroska Multi-MKV Editor

With this editor you can create easy and fast multi-mkv files from normal Matroska files(mkv,mka,mk3d).
    Only the chapters and tags are replaced and no video or audio data is manipulated.

You can download here some tutorial videos.

Matroska Menu Editor (MME)

The new MME helping a while Matroska files (mkv, mka, mk3d) that are located in a folder and
    the same specifications (number of tracks in the correct order and the same codecs for video, audio, subs) have,
    to connect with each other via the menu.
    In this case, no files need to be remuxed.

The whole menu system is located in the _chapters.xml and _tags.xml, which in the saving
    the selected Matroska file to be written.

In a short video which will serve as a tutorial, I show how to build such a Matroska menu.

First of all:
    A full menu as we know it in Bluray or DVD is currently not possible.
    No splitters or players offers full support Matroska.

To use the Matroska menu requires you LAV Filters or the Haali Media Splitter.
    There are in the current LAV Filters (0.63) even a tiny error. Then the menu does not work properly when Matroska files
    were cut and the first frame have no IDR-frame. With Haali works but.
    You can at any time download the latest nightly build of LAV Filters, there the problem is solved.

In both splitters the menu located in the system tray icon and is activated with a right click.
    In MPC-HC you can right-click the screen -> filters -> LAV Splitter -> also access it.

The Matroska files must be identical in certain things. Number of tracks and the same codecs.
    When I created the video tutorial, I noticed that the sound settings do not necessarily have to be equal.

So yes codec the same, but, I had a 2.0 Stereo Flac in the menu file and a 5.1 Flac used in the episodes.
    It does everything without problems, and in AC3Filter you can see well that Flac is played.

In the MME, it is possible to use existing editions / chapters of the charged Matroska files.
    Therefore, the menu always in a separate menu file should be stored (in the same folder).
    To ensure that all Matroska files remain in the original condition and are still single playable (without menu).

How does the whole:

You have to know that each Matroska file has a SegmentUID (SUID).
    LAV and Haali Splitter search for these SUID's within a folder.
    With a chapter.xml and tag.xml you can on this SUID's access and process according to Matroska specs.

Currently I have two procedures known how to do it.

1. File Segment linking

This is the far most common and best known method.
    In MKVToolNix (mmg) in the Global window there is a field for file / segment linking.
    (Problem here is that the mux always new SUID's for the files are created and then not
    longer match the entered SUID's.)

Personally, I find this method quite cumbersome.
    First you have to manually determine the SUID's. This helps a header editor in the mmg.
    Then all SUID's have to be entered in the correct order (PrevSUID and NextSUID).
    But the biggest disadvantage is then the management of associated files.
    If a series always has this "middle part" in it in the episodes.
    The files should be divided up as follows.

Episode1_Start.mkv
    Episode1_Rest.mkv
    Episode2_Start.mkv
    Episode2_Rest.mkv
    and so on ... and
    Middle_Part.mkv

Quickly you realize that you always have two files per episode.

2. Chapter Segment linking

In chapter.xml there is a "ChapterAtom" in which you can specify a SUID.
    The chapter.xml must "ordered chapters" be constructed. Thus, one can refer to another file and play it.

The whole is done by the MME automatically. Manually, you can do that but also quite fast.
    You only have a chapter.xml and Tags.xml created in the XML editor and save it into a Matroska file.

For the above example, the folder with the files would look like this

Episode1.mkv
    Episode2.mkv
    and so on ... and
    Middle_Part.mkv

What makes the MME

All SUID's are determined and depending on how one wants to build his own personal menu, processed.

In the middle part of the MME's the menu editions are created and managed. The order and labels
    are reproduced in Matroska menu. Each menu edition can contain multiple files.

A special menu edition ("as menu") currently serves as a substitute for a Bluray / DVD menu, which is repeated again and again.
    The default edition is started with the play. It must not necessarily start menu
    are, you can also can start as a menu edition that includes all the episodes.

Another important function is the takeover of available editions/chapters of a file.
    The episodes of the tutorial-video all have two editions. One with and one without the opening credits.
    I created a menu edition with all episodes where I just want to see only the " without the opening credits editions".

If a file already have a chapters-segment linking, this will be recognized and taken over.
    This case remain already created connections exist (middle part).

Creating a small menu-file

Simply load one of the episodes in mmg and the Global window for splitting - select split by time stamps.

Enter the timestamp 00:00:00.001
    (of course very many files would be generated. So limit the number or quickly press cancel)
    Mkvmerge then cuts directly after the first I-frame and you have a very very tiny but fully functional menu file.
    The good is also the same, that all tracks and codecs match.

Haali's TRACKSETEX: (required: MKVToolNix 7.4.0) // new

DVD2mkv:
    is a small tool to quickly mux the tracks on a DVD to a mkv. Functions for edit the mkv's are also available.
    (required: PgcDemuxMod , BDSup2Sub++1.0.2_win32.exe and MKVToolNix ; optional: DGIndexNV)

Matroska Tags: With this editor you can provided Matroska files with Tags. Tags contain useful information that can be collected and processed by other programs. // new
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hubblec4; 11th Feb 2024 at 20:24. Reason: update
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got it already, but apparently I'm two versions behind.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I fished an animated series called Pearlie from the bargain bin at my local Target, it's TVDB.com entry was rather barren, rather than embarrassing myself asking someone to fill it in for me, I embarrassed myself filling it in myself. Since it's fifty two stories in 26 episodes I figured it would be perfect for this kind of test.

None of the 54 files I have in the folder at the moment have chapters in them, they don't really need them either. I can't tell if they're necessary for the Chapter linking thingy to work. Does this program have the capability to mass add chapters to files or am I better off with my powershell scripts?

I figured out I needed to switch to "English" subtitles but even so the subtitles in your tutorial video are too small to comfortably read.

I've only contributed one set of chapter to ChapterDB so far, I bought "The Forbidden Kingdom" once under the belief that I should stop just buying the thinks I already knew I liked and diversify, I was wrong and apparently no one else on the ChapterDB gave a damn about the movie either. However, I created my account through facebook, Chapter Grabber just uses my key to the API to link me in, Chapter Editor seems to want my user name and password, which as far as I can tell doesn't exist.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    I fished an animated series called Pearlie from the bargain bin at my local Target, it's TVDB.com entry was rather barren, rather than embarrassing myself asking someone to fill it in for me, I embarrassed myself filling it in myself. Since it's fifty two stories in 26 episodes I figured it would be perfect for this kind of test.
    Yes thats a good idea for testing.

Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    None of the 54 files I have in the folder at the moment have chapters in them, they don't really need them either. I can't tell if they're necessary for the Chapter linking thingy to work. Does this program have the capability to mass add chapters to files or am I better off with my powershell scripts?
    No Matroska files needs chapters inside. MME will use a chapter for such files with the whole playtime of this file. A mass to add chapters to files is not implemented.

I figured out I needed to switch to "English" subtitles but even so the subtitles in your tutorial video are too small to comfortably read.
    The subtitles are a simple srt.file. I will upload it separate.

I've only contributed one set of chapter to ChapterDB so far, I bought "The Forbidden Kingdom" once under the belief that I should stop just buying the thinks I already knew I liked and diversify, I was wrong and apparently no one else on the ChapterDB gave a damn about the movie either. However, I created my account through facebook, Chapter Grabber just uses my key to the API to link me in, Chapter Editor seems to want my user name and password, which as far as I can tell doesn't exist.
    You dont need a Facebook or Google account for the chapter DB in chapterEditor(cE). Create your own simple account in cE.

hubblec4
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hubblec4; 10th Jan 2018 at 20:36.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
    You dont need a Facebook or Google account for the chapter DB in chapterEditor(cE). Create your own simple account in cE.

hubblec4
    Yet my ChapterDB account IS attached to my Facebook account and my Facebook account passwords won't log me into ChapterEditor, I don't think ChaterDB even knows what my Facebook password is. Am I to be locked out of my current ChapterDB account and forced to make a new one if I use your program? Is there nothing in the library you're using that will let you log in using only an API Key, even if it's just limited access? I would assume the ChatperDB people would have accounted for this kind of situation.

-edit- When I press "sign in" it gives me the option of "Google" "Yahoo" and "Facebook", there's no password option.

-edit 2- or is chapter database NOT ChaptersDB.org?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    -edit 2- or is chapter database NOT ChaptersDB.org?
    Yes. chapter database is an independently database.

I have no Facebook, Google or Yahoo account. So I decided to install its own database.

Make a new own account in cE for the cE_database (a simple procedure).
    Quote Quote  
  7. An important bugfix and new features are included in the update rev0.29.

New cut mode:

In mmg there is at "split mode" a function, that you can direct part "splitting" and add the same directly together.
    I have added this function to Multi Edition Editor's Cutting mode.
    However, be aware that the cutting times alternately entered as the start time and end time.
    A complete "cut" always consists of start and end time. Are there no (last) end time, the playing time of all m2ts files is used.
    This saves the additional muxing process.

edition ordered:

Menu mpls files that work with duplicate m2ts files obtained with activated checkbox an "ordered" chapters.xml.
    The original chapter marks are processed as long as the playing time of the m2ts files used is.
    Otherwise, a normal chapter.xml is created. The original chapter are complete used.
    There are, however, not all chapter marks to function duly.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.29
    // XML Format
    * The new calculation for the end times at ordered chapters
      now no longer executed when switching between an edition with or without
      ordered chapters.
      - last end time is no longer overwritten

// Multi Editions Editor
    & Predefined track names and eac3to options
      - personal favorites
      - saves me the continual enter of the selfsame designations
      - Open it: Double-click on a track or a click
                    on the lable - track name or eac3to option
      - Selection: click on a designation

& cutting and muxing together: new cutting mode
      - only one direct remux (Bluray) required  
      - the cutting times are then alternating between start time and
        end time specified
      - last end time can be omitted. The duration of the file
        is then used as the last end time.

& edition ordered
      - if there is only one edition, this can be with or without ordered chapters
        be created
      - when duplicate m2ts were removed, thus an appropriate
        chapters.xml created

# use m2ts once: 
      - adjusted for mpls files which use several different m2ts
      - all duplicate m2ts files are only used once 

% "cutting"- checkbox replaced by a combobox

% added a checkbox "edition ordered"
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hubblec4; 27th Apr 2015 at 05:26.
    Quote Quote  
  8. on it goes with a new update rev0.30

Haali's TRACKSETEX is a new editor with which you can load predefined track settings on Matroska Menu (initially only for the Haali splitter).

For the MME now "automated tasks" there, thus you can create Matroska menus with a few clicks.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.30
    // chapterEditor
    & Haali's TRACKSETEX

% inserted small icons in some places

// Haali's TRACKSETEX
    & Matroska Support: direct load and save Trackset's

& Track number instead of UID
      - for video, audio and subtitles
      - it is easier to work with track numbers

& Track number starts at 1 instead of 0
      - the track number is an index, which usually starts at 0
      - when ticking, the track numbers (#) are increased in all Trackset's by 1

& TRACKSETEX for XML-, Multi-Editions- and Matroska Menu Editor
      - open TRACKSETEX from the respective editor
      - the UID's of all existing editions are transmitted
      - first apply, and then in respective editor save the Trackset's in a Tags or Matroska file 
      - additional storage for each editor separately adjustable
      - "Exit" disables additional storage for the appropriate editor
      - TRACKSETEX close with the "small x-button" don't changes the additional storing

& TrackSet's can be moved by drag and drop.

// XML Format
    * delete chapters or editions did not work correctly if 10 editions or more exists
      - completely new and faster procedure 
      - editions are renumbered 

// Multi Editions Editor
    * cutting and muxing together:
      - maximum cutting time adjusted (total playing time)
      - adjusted error message
      - Was there only one start time, was missing in the cutting code the end time 
        (total playing time).  

// Matroska Menu
    & automated tasks
      - 1. for each Matroska file create an edition
      - 2. create an edition with all Matroska files
      - there is no special menu created edition (which you should do first manually)
      - if no source file is selected, all files are used
      - is a source file is selected it and all subsequent files will be used

* when a menu edition is deleted, the latest standard edition has not been removed
    Quote Quote  
  9. A major update rev0.31 is available.

A few mistakes have been corrected and added new features.

There is also a new editor.

DVD2mkv:

I got a few series that "unfortunately" are only on DVD.
    After I looked around what is available there,

I found that only what is really good, MakeMKV is. Clear in Germany illegal
    It's quite handy as MakeMKV each title changes to mkv's.

Nevertheless, it is automatic too much for me and I would have to continue editing the mkv.
    So i decided to make an own DVD2mkv editor.

I have then looked more closely to IFOEdit and extended my DVD parser, so that
    the IFO's be analyzed quickly.

to demux the vobs
    PgcDemuxMod is used. The link leads to version: mod2
    For me, the mod3 not running due to a missing dll.

here the mod3 version

It may happen that PgcDemuxMod subtitles twice extracted, which is not a bug per se.
    Then, the subtitles can be displayed in different formats.
    Possible values are: 4:3 , wide , letterboxed , pan-scan

There are both extracted sup files in the track display loaded and you can then choose yourself
    which you will use.

BDSup2Sub: when demuxing the subtitles are extracted in sup format. mmg/mkv can load idx/sub
    format only.

Therefore, the conversion is required if you want to use subtitles.
    This is very very fast and in addition will search for "forced" subs.

I initially installed the BDSup2Sub++1.0.2_win32.exe
    for this. If someone has not installed Java, it still works.
    The Java version, I might even install as an alternative. (Since there are also 2 different versions.)

In the settings there are now two new paths for the two tools.
    In addition, you can set some parameters to the tools.

download chapterEditor(rev0.31)

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.31
    // chapterEditor
    & DVD2mkv Editor

* 2 small errors in the INI file

* BluRay Parser: 
      - If there are multiple PlayItems and they have different byte lengths,
        wrong times were determined

// settings
    & Tools - settings for the external tools
      - paths - general for all external tools
      - DGIndexNV - parameter
      - PgcDemuxMod - parameter 

// Haali's TRACKSETEX
    & drag&drop support (Matroska files + Tags.xml)

* Error analysis showed false messages when invalid files have been loaded

// XML Format
    * the root node in the TreeView is now selected if no other node was selected
      - thus there is no longer crashes for some functions
      - source code slightly adjusted and improved

# XML Parser: if the language tag (ChapterLanguage) is present but empty,
                  then "Undetermined" is used as default

// Multi Editions Editor
    & eac3to: PCM/WAV Audio support

* adjusted maximum cutting time for the two cut methods

* eac3to track number was not correct, if there is no chapter in the mpls

# cutting times, mux-parts and mux-playing-time are specified with nanosecond
      - "cutting and muxing together" works then 100% exactly
         for automatic recalculation of chapter marks in the mmg

# DGIndexNV - DGI file:
      - The .dgi file is loaded automatically after it is created.
      - The keyframe time stamps are output with nanosecond

# Chapter.xml: hidden chapters get now also a language

% Cutting: DGIndexNV folder selection removed

// DVD2mkv
      - required:
        PgcDemuxMod(from version 2) 
        BDSup2Sub++1.0.2_win32 (initially only the Windows version)
        MKVToolNix
      - optional: DGIndexNV (for the keyframes)
      - load a dvd drive, a folder with IFO files or IFO itself
      - listing available IFO's / titles and tracks information
      - tracks can be edit: language, compression, default track, track name
      - track order can also be moved by drag and drop again
      - cutting and muxing with the 2 mmg cut methods
      - easy and fast converting DVD-sup's into idx / sub format
        when activating the checkbox
      - automatic search for "forced" subtitles
      - drag&drop: Before you have pressed "Start" is dropped to the input,
        then to the output.
      - Haali's TRACKSETEX
      - personal favorites for the track name: Double-clicking on a track or
        a click on the lable "track name"
      - cutting - DGIndexNV - .dgi file is loaded automatically
    Quote Quote  
  10. A new version with new functions and improvments are avalible.

Ordered chapters can now be calculated using the playing time for an edition in XML format.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.32
    // chapterEditor
    & Hot Keys: OGG, XML, TTXT, multiAVCHD 
      all
      - Entf > delete chapter (edition)
      - q, 8(num) > chapter up
      - w, 2(num) > chapter down
      - n > new, all clear
      - k > add chapter
      XML
      - c > copy edition
      - v > add new edition
      - t > open Tags editor
      - h > change hidden
      - e > change enabled/default
      - o > change ordered
      TTXT
      - c > copy chapter
      multiAVCHD
      - c > copy chapter
      - t > open Thumbnail Positions Generator

// multi chapters
    & palytime for XML:
      - Become multi chapters created for the XML format, then the specified 
        playing time is used for the edition. 

// settings
    & Tools:     - (Java) BDSup2Sub.jar (5.1.2)
      Paths:     - Java
      BDSup2Sub: - Choice between the two versions

& XML - Matroska drag&drop with a selected edition

// XML Format
    & playing time for an edition:
      - is an edition selected, you can assign a playing time
      - When you drag&drop Matroska files, the playing time may be used 
      - the playing time of mpls and IFO (title) files will automatically be used

# Matroska parsing:
      - playing time is determined and used for all editions in XML

# End time calculation for "ordered chapters"
      - If an edition has a playing time and this is greater than the start time of the
        last chapter, it will be used. 

# ChapterGrabber chapters file:
      - the playing time is used for the edition

// 3GPP TTXT Format
    # chapter time can also be specified with milli seconds now

// Multi Editions Editor
    & demux subtitles: 
      - It will automatically check for forced subtitles and these are then extracted.

// DVD2mkv
    * "XML to Editor" not working
    Last edited by hubblec4; 2nd Feb 2015 at 20:27.
    Quote Quote  
  11. here is a new version, rev0.33

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.33
    // chapterEditor
    & support for dgi file (OGG,XML,TTXT,mAVCHD)

// settings
    & Tools->DGIndexNV: dgi file
      - Selection for the keyframes at AVC material(DGAVCIndex)

* XML: English translation missing

// XML Format
    # There can be only one edition of default.
      - the default is set for an edition of the default is at
        repealed other editions automatically

// 3GPP TTXT Format
    * FPS conversion did not work for chapter times in seconds
      are indicated.

// Multi Editions Editor
    # the video track will get from now on English as the default
    Quote Quote  
  12. A new rev0.34 is available.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.34
    // chapterEditor
    # mmg file adjusted for MKVToolNix 7.8.0
      - reduce_to_core

// settings
    & mkv: - settings for the Multi Editions and DVD2mkv Editor
      - target folder as the file name
      - automatically open mmg

// Multi Editions Editor
    & subtitles load by drag-and-drop

# Drag and drop adapted for input and output now

// DVD2mkv
    & load external subtitle
      - VobSub idx/sub and SubRip Text srt files
      - subtitles load by drag-and-drop

* "XML to Editor" did not always work correctly

% insert "subtitle load" button
    Quote Quote  
  13. a new small update to rev0.35 is avalible.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.35
    // chapterEditor
    & The window position is now also stored and loaded at startup

// settings
    & mkv -> Multi Editions Editor
      - playtime(in second) for the first and last m2ts adjustable

// XML Format
    # The help improved somewhat

// Multi Editions Editor
    & Support for "embedded" AC3 in TrueHD audio tracks
      - mmg adjusted

& ignore first m2ts file
      - a workaround for mpls files that play first a m2ts which
        has other track parameters. (mmg breaks the mux-operation with an
        error message)
      - the chapters are automatically adjusted

* Drag & Drop for "source" did not work at BD-structures that are on
      the hard disk
    Quote Quote  
  14. A new version rev0.36 is avalible.

An important update for the Multi Editions Editor (BD2mkv). Since Mosu support in mmg DTS Express I had installed this also, otherwise mmg mux process does not work correctly.

A new editor also there.

Matroska Tags:

I have set up this editor to the Matroska specs.
    However, since a number of settings can be selected freely, I have also tried to give these freedoms.
    If anyone needed further adjustments as they could be reprogrammed quickly.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.36
    // chapterEditor
    & Matroska Tags

% menu item "Matroska Tags" insert

// Matroska Tags
    & Drag&Drop
      - Tags.xml
      - Matroska files (mka,mkv,mk3d)

& save the Tags directly in Matroska files (mka,mkv,mk3d)

// Multi Editions Editor
    & support for DTS Express

* BDSup2Sub.jar changed the FPS of forced subtitle during extracting
    Quote Quote  
  15. I have a question about file tags.xml. Is it possible to assign commands in position ARTIST so that when you press a function in the player was interactive. I want to be able switching to eg. CHAPTER or ATTACHMENT?
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm not familiar with the functions of a standalone player and how they interpret tags.xml.

I do not think that there is a command to do this.

The chapter.xml is more responsible for the interactive communication between the player and the Matroska file.
    Quote Quote  
  17. This time there's a little bigger update rev0.37

The XML format editor had a couple of small mistakes, so then also still a lot of improvement.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.37
    // multi chapters
    & for chapter in XML format, the default settings "automatic chapter name" can be used

// Matroska Tags
    & change language for all the following and selected Simple Tag

& supports Tags contain no Targets Node (Haali's TRACKSETEX)

% a button inserted, with which one directly enters settings for the Matroska Tags

// settings
    & Matroska Tags

& XML: 
      - Tags Editor choice
        - Matroska Tags
        - simple Editor

- automatic chapter name
        - numbered or indexed
        - without level (nested chapter); only the simple chapter number is used
        - name first / as last (chapter 1 or 1. chapter)
        - Language and Country

// XML Format
    * internal drag&drop: creates wrong chapter number when you move (left mouse button)
       a chapter (except nested chapters) on their own edition

# when adding a new edition a first chapter is automatically inserted

# create a new chapter file now always adds a 1st edition and a 1st chapter

# add chapter name
      - automatic chapter name can be used

# Chapter naming
      - without level(nested chapters)
      - name first / as last
      - indexed did not work correctly for nested chapters
      - adjusted hidden / disabled chapter of the display pattern for LAV Splitter

# UID check now allows the full 64bit size (18446744073709551615) 

# UID generation:
      - full 64bit size
      - happen to be a 19- or 20-digit UID

# the Help extends

// OGG, 3GPP TTXT, multiAVCHD - Format
    # create a new chapter file now always inserts a 1st chapter
    Quote Quote  
  18. It's a little while ago, but I'm still trying, when time is to work on the chapterEditor (rev0.38).

Mosu has, his new great GUI brought has been a while among the people, therefore an update for the Multi Editions Editor.
    (for the time DVD2mkv has unfortunately not enough.)

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.38
    // settings
    & mkv: 
      - mmg create (mmg is deprecated and will no longer creates normal)
      - chapter and tag files:
        - new or overwrite
        - use files in mtxcfg/mkv

// Multi Editions Editor
    & mtxcfg file: instead of the old mmg will be the new mtxcfg file created
      - Audio conversion is monitored and analyzed at the end with mkvmerge
      - create mtxcfg file only works if all the audio conversions were quit
      - for the separate mux is a CMD file created instead of mtxcfg

& check whether chapters and tags xml files exist
      - if so, predefined options can be used in settings

& Track name edit box HotKeys 
      - Arrow keys (up, down) to select the tracks in the ListView
      - "ENTER" - opens the personal favorites

& but do not use converted audio files
      - if one had converted a wrong track, had to reverse to some
        and start from scratch

* "mmg / mtxcfg automatically open" has not been properly deactivated (mmg / mtxcfg launched always)

# mmg file for MKVToolnix 8.3.0 adapted - last adjustment!

# The help extended and adapted
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hubblec4; 14th Oct 2015 at 15:57.
    Quote Quote  
  19. A small update.
    Adapting mtxcfg file to the new MKVToolnix 8.4.0 version.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.39
    // Multi Editions Editor
    & HotKeys for the ListView(available titles)
      - arrow keys (up, down) to select the title in the ListView
      - "ENTER" adds the title to the "title used" added

& Start button: ENTER key is as "standard" defined
      - is the Start button enabled, can be started from anywhere with the ENTER key

* mtxcfg: more than one converted audio track and / or an external subtitle
      generated a corrupt file

# mtxcfg: adapted to MKVToolnix 8.4.0
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hubblec4; 19th Jul 2018 at 06:58.
    Quote Quote  
  20. a new rev0.40 is avalible.

New features and a lot of bug fixes.

BD-demux(complete) test-mode is disabled.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.40
    // chapterEditor
    # several source code optimization

// Matroska Tags
    # adapted tab ordering

// settings
    & XML: append XML
           - selection is what will happen with the new XML file

# XML - automatic chapter name:
      - minimum number of digits for the chapter number

// XML Format
    & append XML files if the root node is selected
      - When the TreeView is already have an edition, another XML file can be appended.

& Chapter naming: minimum number of digits for the chapter number
      - only for "numbered", the chapter numbers are padded with zeros in front
      - a value of 1 disables this feature

& Chapter naming: execute "OK button" with ENTER

& Chapter naming EXIT: if the checkbox "Exit" is ticked, the function automatically ended

# Matroska Tags Editor is used as standard with ENTER when prompted for the Tag editor is to be used
      - the form will be displayed modal, so that no more bugs can be provoked

// Multi Editions Editor
    & HotKeys:
      - ListView(available titles)
        m     -> "show only multi editons" change
        e,f   -> ignore first m2ts (if checkbox enabled)
        l     -> ignore last m2ts (if checkbox enabled)
        d     -> remove duplicate m2ts (if checkbox enabled)
        SPACE -> finished selecting the title-> "edition name" edit field gets FOCUS
                 for more HotKeys. 

- edit field edition name
        ENTER                   -> "OK" is executed and you get to the tracks
        ESCAPE                  -> deletes the selected edition in the ListBox
        Pfeiltasten hoch/runter -> auswahl der Version in der ListBox
        F2			    -> checkBox "all edititons" change
        F3			    -> language in the combo box up
        F4			    -> language in the combo box down

& generate mtxcfg automatically after all audios have been converted
      - previously you could only cancel

* superfluous error message removed when audio tracks yet to be converted and 
      you try to create a mtxcfg file

* mtxcfg: missing "properties" supplemented
      - "type" for MPEG2
      - "pixel_dimensions"

// DVD2mkv
    & mtxcfg file as output for MKVToolNiX-GUI
    Quote Quote  
  21. Here is a new update to rev0.41

The focus was on the new "loading system" for all editors. Lots of redundant source code has disappeared.
    Thus you can now append each chapter format in the XML editor.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.41
    // chapterEditor
    & support for VLC bookmark files xspf,m3u,m3u8 (OGG,XML,TTXT,multiAVCHD)

# load all file formats for editors OGG, XML, TTXT, multiAVCHD completely new
      - plenty removes obsolete procedures
      - Sonic Scenarist CSV File: the FPS is preset
      * Source FPS: there was an error when "Exit" was not activated

# the color of the statusbar's should now always be displayed

// settings
    & mkv: qp file for Multi Edition Editor and DVD2mkv - is needed for encoding the video
         - 2 I-frames per chapter
           (The frame number is very often rounded. 
           There is then insert a frame number for rounding down and one for rounding up.)
         - qpf MeGui file (instead of qp_x264)

// Matroska Tags
    * UTF8 converting for the "String" node missing

// OGG Format
    * the chapter-time check was incorrectly evaluated

// XML Format
    # append files for all formats if the root node is selected in the TreeView
      - the new "loading system" now allows all file formats append to existing XML structures

* internal drag & drop in TreeView - left mouse button
      - if a chapter has been moved to a different edition, incorrect chapter indexes were created

// 3GPP TTXT Format
    * when you save the TTXT incorrect values were generated when certain styles are enabled

// Multi Edition Editor
    & output a qp_x264 or qpf_MeGUI file
      - all chapter marks (even invisible)
      - cutting marks are also included

& Subtitles demux: Checkbox "grayed" status - only ticked subtitles are extracted

// DVD2mkv
    & output a qp_x264 or qpf_MeGUI Datei

* mtxcfg: MPEG2(m2v) "type propertie" was incorrect
    Quote Quote  
  22. An update for the CLI version rev0.01 is available.

There were a few little things that could finally be done with time.
    The new mode:
    FPS Conversion
    is now available.

Mass FPS conversion of Matroska XML and OGG chapter files.

The help has been adapted, new switches are explained there.
    The first post I provided with new examples for the 3rd mode.

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditorCLI

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #

rev 0.01
    & FPS Conversion
      - every FPS format is supported (e.g. 25 23.976 29,97 24000/1001)
      - source files in Matroska XML oder OGG Chapter format
      - source folder - mass FPS converting by source files
      - target file - optional 5. parameter for source files only

& chapterEditorCLI start without parameters shows the English help

* BluRay Parser: 
      - If there are multiple PlayItems and they have different byte lengths,
        wrong times were determined

* chapter times could be calculated incorrectly in very rare cases

# the Help adapted
    Last edited by hubblec4; 20th May 2018 at 06:45.
    Quote Quote  
  23. After a little longer time, today there is a major update rev0.42

The Matroska Tags Editor got a lot of hotkeys, so you can do everything with the keyboard.

The Matroska Menu Editor was in the foreground, which got some improvements.
    A "short main menu video" (in which the menu Chapter.xml and Tags.xml is stored) can now be automatically created with a button.
    Furthermore, I have tried to integrate "Nested-Chapters" for menu editions that contain several videos.
    This works so far quite well, unfortunately the LAV Splitter has a very very limited support.
    There are apparently no "ordered chapters" processed, only the ChapterStartTime is used.
    As long as you cut out from a video or omitting anything with ordered chapters parts of the video, everything works.
    It is even possible to separate something from the front and/or back from the video and LAV Splitter works then with the Nested Chapters too.

Thus in the main menu edition, if they are repeated more than once, not always the short main menu video is playing, you can limit it to once.
    Even better is if you do it invisible.
    This first chapter-mark is no longer displayed in the LAV Splitter Chapter menu (but is used when playing (or start) this edition).

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.42
    // chapterEditor
    # dgi file - adapted to read out FPS (strange FPS specification: 120000 / 5005)

// Matroska Tags
    & Hotkeys:
      - TreeView
        - ENTER  > UID edit field or String/Binary edit field get the focus
                   (if a Target or Simple node is selected)
        - ESCAPE > reset
        - a      > save as
        - e      > settings
        - l      > load
        - s      > save
        - F3     > new TAG
        - F4     > delete TAG
        - F5     > new Simple TAG
        - F6     > delete Simple TAG

- UID edit field
        - ENTER  > add UID 
        - ESCAPE > delete all UID's
        - arrow key up   > in TreeView one node up
        - arrow key down > in TreeView one node down
        - F1     > in ListView one UID up
        - F2     > in ListView one UID down
        - F3     > edit UID
        - F4     > delete UID 
        - F5     > in combobox UID-type one up
        - F6     > in combobox UID-type one down
        - F7     > in combobox TargetTypeValue one up
        - F8     > in combobox TargetTypeValue one down
        - F9     > in combobox TargetType one up
        - F10    > in combobox TargetType one down
        - F12    > TreeView get the focus

- String/Binary edit field
        - F2  > in combobox name one up
        - F3  > in combobox name one down
        - F4  > change between String and Binary (if both enabled)
        - F5  > in combobox Language one up
        - F6  > in combobox Language one down
        - F7  > checkbox "default language" on/out
        - F8  > checkbox "Language for all ..." on/out
        - F9  > combobox name get the focus
        - F12 > TreeView get the focus

- combobox name
        - ENTER > String/Binary edit field get the focus
        - F12   > TreeView get the focus

// Multi Editions Editor
    & load dgi file per drag&drop (if the cutting panel is visible)

* for audio tracks in BDs with multiple m2ts files, the value for "defaultTrackFlag" 
       was incorrectly set

* mtxcfg: 
       - TrueHD (thd+ac3) Codec and Type was missing
       - E-AC-3/AC-3 Codec adapted

# dgi file is loaded with the new loading system thus is the choice which keyframes to appear 
       (only AVC-material) available

// Matroska Menu
    & Main Menu Video
      - after a folder is selected, you can choose from that a file
         and a main menu video (very short) will be created automatically
      - starts the selected video with SxxExx (x = a digit 0-9), then the main menu video
         named as follows: SxxE00 - main menu.mkv
         Otherwise, only the prefix "00_" to the selected file name is set

& repeat main menu: 1. file only once
      - the first file in the main menu edition should be the main menu video
      - When in the main menu edition more than just that main menu video is used (more than 1 repeat)
         this function should be used.

& repeat main menu: 1. file hidden
      - the main menu video (created by the chapterEditor) is very short and 
         only serves as a space for the chapter and tags XML
      - so you should hide this file (an ordered chapter on the total playing time)

& nested chapters for menu editions
      - there are several files in one edition, then nested chapters for each file are generated 
        (chapter selection menu is clearly arranged)
      - for the "main chapter", the file name is used as the chapter name

& menu edition name changeable

& copy track UID's to the clipboard:
      - If the checkbox is checked, then the track UID is in the selection
         automatically copied to the clipboard

& add files with a button
      - as an alternative to double click in the ListView

% "as menu" will change to "as main menu"

% "menu repeat" will change to "main menu repeat"

// DVD2mkv
    & load dgi file per drag&drop (if the cutting panel is visible)

# dgi file is loaded with the new loading system thus is the choice which keyframes to appear 
      (only AVC-material) available
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Furthermore, I have tried to integrate "Nested-Chapters" for menu editions that contain several videos.
    This works so far quite well, unfortunately the LAV Splitter has a very very limited support.
    There are apparently no "ordered chapters" processed, only the ChapterStartTime is used.
    Can you explain better what you mean by this?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Nevcairiel tells me that LAV does what Haali Splitter can do, and thats the base for specs right now.

That means, for all "ordered nested chapters" will be used the ChapterTimeStart only.
    Normally an ordered chapter is used for the new virtual timeline(duration), but if the ordered chapter is a nested chapter too, the duration (ChapterTimeStart to ChapterTimeEnd) is not used. Only the ChapterTimeStart is used for a chapter mark.
    The "main chapter" of the nested chapters has a Start and End time and this duration is used for the new virtual timeline.

When you use a video in menu-edition which are cutted (middle part) or has a segment-link(to another file in the folder) inside
    then nested chapters will not work right.
    The result is, that the new virtual timeline is not correct and some parts will be not played(or too much played).

When your videos are not cutted and not segment-linked then nested chapters works like it should.

One exception is when the video cutted in front or the end, then nested chapters works too.

You can download this sample, there are a menu folder and there a "menu-start.mkv" which you will see that the segment-linking not work with nested chapters.

I know how to make a workaround for this behavior in LAV Splitter, so that nested chapters ever work(maybe next rev).
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only the top level in any given set of chapters set the timeline in ordered chapters, any subchapters bellow that first level are simply markers applied to the timeline.

VLC did it another way, which contradicted what MPC-HC was doing. I managed to get Mosu involved by showing that MKVMerge had a way of dealing with subchapters that contradicted what VLC was doing. So Mosu made a ruling about how subchapters in ordered chapters worked, which I passed on to VLC.

Two people are responsible for the majority of the Matroska Specs, Mosu and... the other guy (Lomel?). Anyway, Mosu told me how Ordered chapters and subchapters work, I told VLC, then Lomel went into the VLC code and rewrote it to reflect the official stance. VLC version 3.0 will have proper support for Matroska Ordered Subchapters and both of the creators of the Matroska container had a hand in it. (Which is pretty definitive.)

So basically, only the top level sets the timeline. That's how it is, that's how it's always going to be. I don't like it, I protested against it, but apparently the creators of the matroska container think order chapters should be implemented before subchapters and so subchapters have to suffer for it.

Basically, subchapters in ordered chapters are just markers. If you need to compile an "episode" from multiple segments as a single chapter and then add subchapters to that episode then you need play around with the "hidden" flag quite a lot to get it working. All the first level chapters that make up the episode other than the first chapter need to have the hidden flag enabled, and subchapters need to become the children of whatever first level hidden chapter they belong in.

I think it's stupid, but that's the way it is.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Thanks a lot for this info.

I know exactly what you mean. The (for me) official specs shows no limitation for ordered chapters on nested chapters.
    Thats only an interpretation thing. Nowadays we have only one good Splitter: LAV, Haali is deprecated, and other splitters (part of a videoplayer) have no Matroska support or strong limited.

Basically, subchapters in ordered chapters are just markers. If you need to compile an "episode" from multiple segments as a single chapter and then add subchapters to that episode then you need play around with the "hidden" flag quite a lot to get it working. All the first level chapters that make up the episode other than the first chapter need to have the hidden flag enabled, and subchapters need to become the children of whatever first level hidden chapter they belong in.

My workaround will do this. I don't see any other way? Or you?

Maybe someday I know enough and I can write a new Full Matroska Splitter, but thats not so easy like my chapterEditor.

I dont use VLC, nice too know that Matroska support is supported there.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Here is a small update(rev0.43)

Code:
    Changelog chapterEditor 

added &
    fixed *
    improvement #
    layout change %

rev0.43
    // Matroska Menü
    # Nested chapters adapted so LAV Splitter can properly handle
    Quote Quote