VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Background: Complete newbie to video editing except splitting video into parts with Boilsoft video spiltter

Goal: To add a simple text watermark to the bottom of my home-made video . No font style, no art work is required, as long as it's functional and simple. I also want to add a solid rectangular box to my video (like mosaic)

Is there any simple software to make it? I don't want to write any scripts or code

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kenny1999 View Post
    Background: Complete newbie to video editing except splitting video into parts with Boilsoft video spiltter

Goal: To add a simple text watermark to the bottom of my home-made video . No font style, no art work is required, as long as it's functional and simple. I also want to add a solid rectangular box to my video (like mosaic)

Is there any simple software to make it? I don't want to write any scripts or code

Thanks
    If you are worried about people copying your work then you could add a hidden watermark.

Search for stegovideo for avisynth or digimark in photoshop.

But a visible watermark? Why mutilate your work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Originally Posted by kenny1999 View Post

Thanks
    If you are worried about people copying your work then you could add a hidden watermark.

Search for stegovideo for avisynth or digimark in photoshop.

But a visible watermark? Why mutilate your work?
    Good point! However I doubt he is worried about someone stealing his work, otherwise he wouldn't be posting it.......
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Good point! However I doubt he is worried about someone stealing his work, otherwise he wouldn't be posting it.......
    Perhaps.

I don't know when I hear about people who have this urge to deface a video with that kind of garbage I get recollections of dog walks and popular bushes.

Quote Quote  
  5. I couldn't agree more. He's not doing it for himself because why would he want to watch his own ruined video? So, I suppose he wants to do it for uploading to YouTube or some such. All it will do there is make people not want to watch it. It certainly won't keep anyone from stealing it if they want. If the text is an ad for a site or something like that or something purely decorative to identify the video as yours, you could always add an annotation or subtitle without wrecking the actual video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Kenny1999, In sept you wanted to remove the watermark -> https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/362436-ffmpeg-watermark-issue?p=2348836#post2348836 and I explained how in 2 minutes with FFMpeg. Now you want to make a watermark/Logo and it still takes 2 minutes with FFMpeg but if you want a custom program... good luck.

With FFmpeg:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_131 Nov. 21 23.52.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	28713
    Here's the box around it

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_131 Nov. 21 23.55.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	28714
    And here's the logo that took a couple minutes also
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!