VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for a Bluray Authoring program with the following features:
    • Muxes a Bluray disc structure instead of re-encoding. Even an AVCHD structure would be fine.
    • Can have chapters WITHOUT thumbnails - I just want text chapters. So MultiAVCHD is out as there's no way to disable chapter thumbnails.
    • Text file support so I can import my chapters. Or if that's not possible then I'd like a program where when entering a chapter name I can clearly see how many lines the chapter name will take up so I can see when my chapter names are too long.
    • Would be nice if I could have the title selection without thumbnails as well but it's not that important. Would be nice if scrolling through titles was fast as it's quite slow in MultiAVCHD but it's not a deal breaker.
    • This is basically what I want but without thumbnails: http://postimg.org/image/ok6ps9war/full/

If you know of such a program regardless of the cost then please let me know. Thanks
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 20th Nov 2014 at 15:35.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried the usual suspects: DVD architect, TMPGenc Authoring Works, Encore CS6. If you really don't care about price (and I bet really you do) Sony Do Studio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    I'm looking for a Bluray Authoring program with the following features:
    • Muxes a Bluray disc structure instead of re-encoding. Even an AVCHD structure would be fine.
    • Can have chapters WITHOUT thumbnails - I just want text chapters. So MultiAVCHD is out as there's no way to disable chapter thumbnails.
    • Text file support so I can import my chapters. Or if that's not possible then I'd like a program where when entering a chapter name I can clearly see how many lines the chapter name will take up so I can see when my chapter names are too long.
    • Would be nice if I could have the title selection without thumbnails as well but it's not that important. Would be nice if scrolling through titles was fast as it's quite slow in MultiAVCHD but it's not a deal breaker.
    • This is basically what I want but without thumbnails: http://postimg.org/image/ok6ps9war/full/

If you know of such a program regardless of the cost then please let me know. Thanks
    You're wrong about multiAVCHD. Install version 3.0, It's the last version that supports "Classic Menus" and it is the version that I use.........

Besides, all authoring apps I know can do what you want, Have you even looked?
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks. I tried to install MultiAVCHD Version 3 from here: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/multiAVCHD/old-versions
    The program extracted then I loaded the exe and it says this build has expired. How do I get it to load?

Of course I've looked, why do you think I'm posting here asking if anyone knows of a program which does all the things I'm looking for! I looked for ages a couple of years ago but could only find MultiAVCHD did what I wanted with regards to support of txt chapter file support. Tried TMPGenc (can't remember what version) ages ago but wasn't impressed as strangely I noticed the picture quality was worse than MultiACHD even though they both just mux and it didn't support importing of chapter txt files.

I don't want to waste time installing junk that clutters up my PC just to see if it will work when I can ask if someone knows for sure of a program that has the features I'm looking for or not.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Have you tried the usual suspects: DVD architect, TMPGenc Authoring Works, Encore CS6. If you really don't care about price (and I bet really you do) Sony Do Studio.
    Will have a look at them thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mine works fine, it is version 3.0 (build 729).

See if it works for you.
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most people here who are into hd video just either burn as data to disk,stream to tv or copy to an external hdd/usb and watch with simple text menu to choose from.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Mine works fine, it is version 3.0 (build 729).

See if it works for you.
    You mentioned version 3 can have just text chapters without thumbnails. But sometimes I do want thumbnails. Can version 3 also have named chapters with thumbnails? If not, was wondering if it's possible to have 2 different versions of MultiAVCHD installed at the same time?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    I'm looking for a Bluray Authoring program with the following features:

You're wrong about multiAVCHD. Install version 3.0, It's the last version that supports "Classic Menus" and it is the version that I use.........

Besides, all authoring apps I know can do what you want, Have you even looked?
    I tried MultiAVCHD 3.0 and it doesn't support named chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    I tried MultiAVCHD 3.0 and it doesn't support named chapters.
    What about the others I mentioned?
    Quote Quote  
  11. DVD Architect does not seem to accept my Bluray compliant source files so that's out. Not tried TMPGenc Authoring Works 5 as the trial isn't fully functional. Encore CS6 isn't even being sold anymore so I can't download it. Sony Do Studio doesn't seem to have a trial.

All I want to know is if someone knows of a program other than MultiAVCHD that supports importing of .txt chapter files and I would like to be able to make chapters WITHOUT thumbnails.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!