VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok now i am at home in front of my pc
    in movie magix when click on burn , now you have 3 possibilities dvd , bluray, avchd

some settings i will not write because they are PAL or same as other one but with surround

BLURAY TAB

setting 1-MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1280x720p; 59.94 Frames/s; H.264 16000 kbit/s
    Audio: 48000 Hz; Stereo; AC3

setting 2- MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1440x1080i; 29.97 Frames/s; H.264 18000 kbit/s

setting 3-MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1920x1080i; 29.97 Frames/s; H.264 18000 kbit/s

setting 4- MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1920x1080p; 23.98 Frames/s; H.264 18000 kbit/s I WAS USING THIS ONE BUT BOOSTING FRAME TO THE MAX AND MAKING IT PROGRESSIVE

AVCHD TAB

setting 1-MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1280x720p; 59.94 Frames/s; H.264 16000 kbit/s

setting 2-MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1440x1080i; 29.97 Frames/s; H.264 18000 kbit/s

setting 3-MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1920x1080i; 29.97 Frames/s; H.264 18000 kbit/s
    Audio: 48000 Hz; Dolby Surround; AC3

setting 4-MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1920x1080p; 23.98 Frames/s; H.264 18000 kbit/s

setting 5-MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1920x1080p; 59.94 Frames/s; H.264 18000 kbit/s

setting 6- almost the same but it is writing better quality(26000kbits)
    MPEG4 Export (M2TS) Software:
    Video: 1920x1080p; 59.94 Frames/s; H.264 26000 kbit/s

now which one of those are going to give me the best quality and it is going to play ON ALL BLURAY PLAYERS
    I AM FILMING 1920 X 1080 29.97PROGRESSIVE BUT I COULD SWITCH TO 60P

ON A PREVIOUS POST I SAID X264 BUT IT WAS H264

p.s i said dvd are interlaced, nothing else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you gave it to Magix in the way that I suggested it be modified, you would take your 1080p29.97 cam footage and convert it to 1080i29.97 (PsF) and then author using the Blu-ray Setting #3. This would give you the best quality WITH MOST STANDARD BD PLAYERS.*

However, I can't say for certain that your Magix software can directly work with your 29.97p and make it 29.97i (PsF). If it can't you'll lose quality there (or it just won't work at all).

(Probably just a matter of usage of MBAFF flag, but I can't be sure). If it does work, you should be good to go.

If you have players that support AVCHD v2.0, you could start with 1080p59.94 cam footage and use the AVCHD Setting #6 directly and have the best quality of all. But as has been said, many BD players do not support AVCHD (even 1.0) and even less support AVCHD 2.0. Without that explicit support, it probably won't work.

Scott

Also, going forward, you may want to consider creating all your footage as 1080p59.94, because that can always be downconverted to 1080i59.94 (with some loss) for devices that only accept that spec (such as std Blu-rays).

*<edit>But you wouldn't want to do this PRIOR to editing, because it would trick the editor into trying to de-interlace: BAD!</edit>
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 20th Nov 2014 at 08:46.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SO THE WINNER FOR NOW IS 24P so you were right .sorry
    last night tried setting 4 in avchd tab , 1080p24 work in all of my 3 bluray players, tried settings 6 in avchd tab, 1080p 60 doens't work at all on all 3
    even jams the players, was too late too try something else, but check settings in the players , i think i understand why 29.97 p works on some players,
    automatic conversion to 24 p is activated on some , and on others no setting at all for automatic conversion. the only thing is at 24p the image i did yesterday
    was jerky, chopy on quick camera pan, but i think this is normal.
    i am wasting money burning blurays disc just for testing purpose, can i burn my iso on a dvd , and play it on my bluray payer , and will it to same as if it would be a bluray disc . like will it work and not work depending on settings just as a bluray disc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by luc13137 View Post
    SO THE WINNER FOR NOW IS 24P so you were right .sorry
    We were right, but you're still wrong. You said the video you shot was 1080p @30fps, not 24fps.

last night tried setting 4 in avchd tab , 1080p24 work in all of my 3 bluray players, tried settings 6 in avchd tab,
    I believe setting 3 was suggested, more than once.

1080p 60 doens't work at all on all 3 even jams the players
    I think that's where we started.

the only thing is at 24p the image i did yesterday
    was jerky, chopy on quick camera pan, but i think this is normal.
    No it isn't.

i am wasting money burning blurays disc just for testing purpose, can i burn my iso on a dvd , and play it on my bluray payer , and will it to same as if it would be a bluray disc . like will it work and not work depending on settings just as a bluray disc.
    Ever heard of external hard drives?

......started to say let's go back to post #1, but I think we did that several times already and it's getting tiresome. No sense posting if you don't read it.

Good luck.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A Blu Ray player can play AVC/h264/mpeg4 Part 10 up to a level of 4.1. Level 4.1 has a limit of 62,914,560 luma samples (essentially pixels) per second. 29.97 fps parses 1080x1920x29.97 = 62145792 luma samples per second, 60fps would parse 1080x1920x60 = 124416000 luma samples per second which is TWICE the number of luma samples allowable by Level 4.1 so no Blu Ray player and very few other players would be able process that kind of data.

29.97fps should be fine though, however, blu ray players aren't supposed to be encountering 29.97 progressive material, despite being able to process progressive h264 and MBAFF and may reject it if it happens. If you'd actually listened and read the pages I linked to you'd have seen that you CAN put 29.97p on a Blu Ray disc as long as you set the flag in the stream header to make it say "interlaced", but I don't know if your program will let you do that (x264 can).

What I do know is that with MBAFF it's possible to encode an entire movie for blu ray as progressive, without cheating, at 29.97 and am currently wondering why x264 can't pretend that's what it's doing.
    Last edited by ndjamena; 20th Nov 2014 at 09:10.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this message is to motlow, i am testing if bluray disc would play on all bluray players, hard drives doesn't apply.

now for movies, they are things i still do not know ! 4 years ago i search and search and i found what settings to use to have the best quality dvd for my movies.
    now with this bluray thing the only thing that mess me up was the automatic 24p conversion on some bluray players, didn't know about that.
    now i am not finish doing all my testing ,i am going to try them all.
    now for NDJAMENA , thank you ! you have a lot of knowledge ! you are a genius.
    thank you to all to put me on the correct path. please consider that thread finish.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ever heard of Re-Writeables?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes heard of it, but didn't think about it at all, thank you very good idea, cornucopia.
    yes the best solutions, re-writesable.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    thank you to all to put me on the correct path. please consider that thread finish.
    Unfortunately, that's not how things work here.

Some time in the future - 1, 2, 4, 8 or maybe even 10 years from now - some moron will dig up this thread and ask his own questions in it. That's how things work here. The moderators don't close old threads, so there's nothing to stop someone from adding to this. Also, sometimes we get the "one post wonders" as we call them who will dig up the post, join us only to make one post in the thread and never post again on this website, and they'll say exactly what other people have already said in the thread. So you can look forward to some idiot in the future joining us to talk about what formats BluRays accept and don't accept and camcorder formats, even though all of that information has already been talked about here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Some time in the future - 1, 2, 4, 8 or maybe even 10 years from now - some moron will dig up this thread and ask his own questions in it.
    And like luc13137., the newbie will come away with the wrong conclusion and end up with choppy video and not know why. Or like the O.P., they'll get choppy playback and think it's "normal".

Whatever, folks. Gotta leave this futile effort behind to go out and find Thanksgiving supplies.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    to mister name calling, to reason we ask question is to learn, i am not that newbie.
    i think you should stop the name calling, one day you had to ask question or your are going to have to ask a question
    about something else !
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    for the person in freedonia, you are right , i was speaking for myself. i am stopping looking at that thread
    next time i start a thread is going to be for the result of my blu ray testing
    24p 24i,59i,30i,30p, anything on a bd-re that scott remind-it me
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Name caller? Who do refer to? No one here called anyone a "name". I've referred to you as luc13137 and as the O.P. (The O.P. means the Original Post, or the person who originated the thread).

Everyone here was a newbie at one time.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully you'll get this formatting business correctly, next time.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!