VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a ton of video files and I want to trim some of them and join others. How can I do this while preserving full quality? The most popular formats the video files are in are MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV, and FLV. What are the features I am looking for in an application to fulfill my needs (I'm a newbie so I don't know the technical terms--am I looking for an application that trims/joins without transcoding)? I did a brief google search and found applications such as VirtualDub but I'm not sure if I have to change the settings to suit my needs.

Since I'm a newbie, I'm hoping for more than just a list of applications--what settings should I change (if any)? Any relevant tips? The basics of trimming and joining I have done a long time ago, when preserving the quality of a video was not a concern.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My copy of Solveigm Video Splitter expired--I would buy it in a heartbeat if it was a lifetime license with updates. I'm just a college student =(

Aren't there free and small applications dedicated to doing this for certain video formats? I don't need 1 comprehensive one (and the one-in-all solutions tend to have less emphasis on preserving quality and more on speed and convenience). Names like avidemux popup for AVI files--does it preserve 100%?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    yep, avidemux can trim many formats. Under video and audio choose COPY and it will not reconvert.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will try it out when I get home, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!