VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

may i know when should i use match sequence in premiere cc?

in the help there is
    To automatically export a file from a Premiere Pro sequence with settings that exactly match the settings for that sequence, select Match Sequence Settings in the Export Settings dialog box.
    watching a lynda tutorial
    lynda premiere pro cc essential training
    , the author says use match sequence in the for master , disable for export to the web

i noticed that when match sequence is enabled , i can't select any encoder ,and there is no gain in speed

disabled i can select video and encoder

well
    can somebody tell me when should i use match sequence in premiere cc?
    maybe with some example

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The project setting is a "proposed" setting, subject to change or not depending on the direction you want to take it. It indicates what the output would be at that point in time, should you choose to render.

It's quite common to change project settings on the fly. Suppose you wanted to upscale something, render that out, then bring it back in conforming to the original project.

Example: Think of it as a cake mold, and the media is the batter. Until it's baked(rendered), you can pour the batter into different molds.

P.S. I don't know if Premiere has a Live(wysiwyg) preview window. Sony Vegas Pro does.
    Last edited by budwzr; 18th Nov 2014 at 15:51.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi

may i know when should i use match sequence in premiere cc?

in the help there is
    To automatically export a file from a Premiere Pro sequence with settings that exactly match the settings for that sequence, select Match Sequence Settings in the Export Settings dialog box.
    It means that the output file will have same w/h fps and codec as the one you stated in the creation of the sequence. Some things can be changed after in the premiere sequence menu, some can't be changed after. Some times Premiere can guess wrong ( especially with interlaced files) and can show them as progressive, so if you make sequence using that file you will have loss quality because of the wrong settings in the sequence that will effect render quality. You can check that in modify menu interpret footage in Premiere CC
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post

It means that the output file will have same w/h fps and codec as the one you stated in the creation of the sequence.
    hi
    thanks!!
    but if in my project there are differents clips of different codec/containers what codec premiere will use?
    for example in my project there are some mov , uncompressed avi , and mp4 video files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    The project setting is a "proposed" setting, subject to change or not depending on the direction you want to take it. It indicates what the output would be at that point in time, should you choose to render.

hi
    but why with match sequence i can't select the output codec?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rama View Post
    Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post

It means that the output file will have same w/h fps and codec as the one you stated in the creation of the sequence.
    hi
    thanks!!
    but if in my project there are differents clips of different codec/containers what codec premiere will use?
    for example in my project there are some mov , uncompressed avi , and mp4 video files
    That does not really matter (although you must consider quality differences). What does matter is footage with different fps, something's got to give because VFR is not much in vogue.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by rama View Post
    if in my project there are differents clips of different codec/containers what codec premiere will use?
    If you're creating sequences automatically it will choose whichever clip you use first. If you're setting it manually it will match your manual settings.

but why with match sequence i can't select the output codec?
    Because you've told it to MATCH (uguagliare(?)) the sequence. You can unclick "match sequence" and set it however you want.
    Last edited by smrpix; 19th Nov 2014 at 10:43.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...why with match sequence i can't select the output codec?
    I guess because there's some option checked to do that to protect newbies.

Vegas has something like that too, where it will show you only render solutions that match the project settings. But you can disable that right in the same window.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!