VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am newbie to this, and I am overwhelmed by the choices out there, so I hope you guys excuse my questions if they are trivial. Anyway, here goes:

We are trying to get cameras/camcorders to stream live video -- all music concerts. They will be held in a small venue/home. We will be using Livestream and already have one of their streaming boxes. We have separate sound equipment that will need to be plugged in. These concerts will have some lighting, but we will be dealing with somewhat constrained lighting. Most video will be shot from within 15-30 feet. I said this earlier, but I will say this again -- I am a complete novice insofar video is concerned. We will be getting help initially with shooting the video, but we have not identified anyone as of now. So the questions are:

(a) I believe we will want to use HD-SDI connections as opposed to HDMI due to robustness of the connections. Is that accurate? If so, there go most DSLRs.
    (b) I am not sure if we need low light capabilities. I do not want this to be a deal breaker, however. Can someone comment if we would need this?
    (c) What zoom capability will I need?
    (d) I want to stay within $5000 for a camcorder, but could stretch a little (6K) if necessary. Any recommendations?
    (e) If I decide to add a second camcorder, would it have to be the same as the first? How much leeway do I have there? Any other "good" camcorder, same brand etc?
    (f) How about workflow for editing? We will be capturing the footage and storing it and at some point, we may want to produce a video disc (DVD).

Thanks a lot for reading my post!

--amit
    Last edited by amitm; 17th Nov 2014 at 10:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    My advice is to consult someone with experience and take time to go over your wishes and budget.
    Using a forum to start from zero to live streaming is not a good idea IMHO.

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for responding. I understand where you are coming from; however, we have some experience with organizing and video recording concerts. We also have our IT and sound sides covered. The video person who was with us is no longer available. Hence the above questions -- they are all only about video hardware and processes. We do have the equipment where we can plug in the camcorders (up to five) and stream. Tripods, cables etc. are in addition to the above.

Thanks again.

--amit
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your profile says you're in New York. Are you in the city? If so just head down to B&H Photo and explain your situation.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Your profile says you're in New York. Are you in the city? If so just head down to B&H Photo and explain your situation.
    I am in New Jersey suburbs of NY City, and intend to make the trek there. Just thought I could gather some knowledge beforehand

Anyhow, I will probably do that within the week.

Thanks,

--amit
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!