VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Jerome7573_3 View Post
    PS : still interested in the converted video.
    Here is the processed video.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by nharikrishna View Post
    @jagabo, do I do what you suggested in AviSynth?
    I did this:

Code:
     ffVideoSource("Sample.mp4")
    SelectEven() # get rid of duplicate frames, 50 fps -> 25 fps
    AssumeTFF() # frames are TFF
    TFM() # field match
    LanczosResize(1280,720)
    You don't have to downsize but if you're looking to encode entire movies to less than 2GB you'll get better quality with the smaller frame.

x264 video only clip attached.
    That video looks excellent at 720p, without any combing. I guess the above script is the main thing that achieved it. Do I frameserve the video into a program like AviDemux using this script?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by nharikrishna View Post
    Originally Posted by Jerome7573_3 View Post
    PS : still interested in the converted video.
    Here is the processed video.
    Yes, it's full of comb artifacts since it wasn't processed correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Then what about this woven out of phase you are talking about?

How can I see that with my own eyes?
    Use the same script without the TFM() and resize. You'll see the comb artifacts. Then apply a simple bob() instead of TFM(). You'll see every pair of frames (previously fields) is the same (except for bob artifacts).
    Yes indeed, I see it now.

Premiere Pro seems to fix this automatically both the fps and the weaving.

I don't understand why the video should be down sampled.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Well.....it does work going to 1280x720, and thanks to jagabo for the tip on how to get it there. I'd have a bit of a problem with it. 25fps progressive isn't valid for that frame format in standard BluRay/AVCHD or broadcast video.
    All you have to do is slow it to 24 fps with AssumeFPS(24). You'll also need to adjust the audio, of course.

I haven't burned DVD or BD in years. I have no use for discs any more.
    I just burn for relatives, and day to day stuff comes right off an old SD DVD recorder. Life is hell when your relatives refuse to buy BluRay players. The good stuff goes to BD or AVCHD with menus on hard drives. The wife wants menus for long movies and the good stuff, so I pretty much stick to standard formats there.

Nice work on this one, jagabo (No surprise).

I don't either. I guess the O.P. just wants it that way.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    The OP said he wanted to encode full movies to 1.5 GB. Downscaling from 1080p to 720p will usually give better results with bitrates that low.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    The OP said he wanted to encode full movies to 1.5 GB. Downscaling from 1080p to 720p will usually give better results with bitrates that low.
    Got it!

Quote Quote  
  8. @jagabo, besides the script, what else I need to have in order to achieve what you did? Which program did you use to reduce the bitrate?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by nharikrishna View Post
    @jagabo, besides the script, what else I need to have in order to achieve what you did? Which program did you use to reduce the bitrate?
    I used the x264 command line encoder, feeding the AVS script directly to it. The command line was something like:

Code:
    x264.exe --preset=slow --crf=21 --me=dia --subme=1 --keyint=50 --sar=1:1 --output sample.mkv sample.avs
    I should have also flagged the video as rec.709 with "--colormatrix=bt709".
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks. This is a bit technical for me, since I never used command line editors.

So, do I go to www.x264.nl and download x264.exe in order to use this?

Instead of Sample.mkv, can I also put Sample.mp4 if I wanted an MP4?

Is the audio being 'copied' as is, with this command?

Thank you for your patience.
    Quote Quote  
  11. x264.exe doesn't "copy" audio , the regular vanilla versions don't process audio at all

Yes, if you put MP4 it would output MP4, if MP4 support has been compiled (videolan dropped MP4 container support a while back, they might have put it back in , not sure)

If you wanted a command line tool that copies audio as well, ffmpeg would be better choice

If it's easier for you, there are many GUI's available for x264 that accept avs scripts.

eg. ripbot, xvid4psp, megui, simple x264 launcher, many more.... even ffmpeg GUI's will accept avs scripts eg. winff, tencoder, ffqueue, many more....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok. Then I would just give that script as input to those GUIs, and without changing any settings in those GUI's other than the CRF value, will I get the desired out as jagabo achieved?
    Quote Quote  
  13. No, because he used custom settings that differ from the default settings or presets.

If you used the same settings, and same x264 version, then you would get the same output. So if you wanted to use exactly the same settings, you would just enter them in the GUI . I wouldn't get hung up on the x264 settings here, it's the script that is doing the important work

If you're ok with using the command line, it's probably easier to use ffmpeg IMO, because that muxes audio as well in the same step
    Quote Quote  
  14. Ok that's great. Thanks. I will give it a shot tonight and post the results.
    Quote Quote  
  15. If you wanted to try ffmpeg, here is the same settings he posted, translated for ffmpeg, and "copy" audio from original file

All you would need to do is change "input.avs", "input.mp4" , "output.mp4" to the real names and paths , adjust the CRF value

Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.avs -i input.mp4 -map 0:0 -map 1:1 -c:v libx264 -preset:v slow -crf 21 -g 50 -x264opts ref=1:me=dia:subme=1:colorprim=bt709:transfer=bt709:colormatrix=bt709 -vf setsar=sar=1/1 -c:a copy output.mp4

The reason why you couldn't include audio in the avs script, is avisynth frameserves uncompressed audio & video, so "direct stream copy " wouldn't work . So ffmpeg just copies it from the original file
    Quote Quote  
  16. Excellent, that makes it easier for me. Thanks. I will try it tonight and post the results.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I am having problems...When I tried the script along with ffmpeg command, it said there is no function such as 'ffvideosource'. I tired replacing it with DirectShowVideoSource. It worked but the output video appeared to be like fast forwarded, with combing still visible.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. It's an external plugin, ffms2.dll is required
    https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases
    Quote Quote  
  19. I tried the script with MeGUI as well, and the video appears fast forwarded...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Is that with jagabo's script or with directshowsource? Likely directshowsource is decoding it differently . Directshowsource() relies on system installed codecs and splitters. So what I get with directshowsource on a computer might be different than what jagabo ,or you, or anybody gets

If you used megui, post the avs script used, and the log file
    Quote Quote  
  21. When you preview the script in vdub, does it look ok if you go frame by frame?

Hmmm, I actually get something jerky with jagabo's script, he probably copy/pasted it incorrectly, or his version of ffms2 is doing something different than mine

I would put SelectEven() at the end, so TFM() has access to all the fields first before any decimation operations, this seems to fix it for me (this works with DirectShowSource for me as well , with lav splitter and decoder configured)

FFVideoSource()
    AssumeFPS(50)
    AssumeTff()
    TFM()
    SelectEven()

Preview your .avs in vdub and go step by step to see if there is any jerky motion, or combing or any other issues . There is something different going on between our systems that is yielding slightly different results
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Hmmm, I actually get something jerky with jagabo's script, he probably copy/pasted it incorrectly, or his version of ffms2 is doing something different than mine

I would put SelectEven() at the end, so TFM() has access to all the fields first before any decimation operations, this seems to fix it for me (this works with DirectShowSource for me as well , with lav splitter and decoder configured)

FFVideoSource()
    AssumeFPS(50)
    AssumeTff()
    TFM()
    SelectEven()
    Your script and mine deliver the same thing on my computer. I even downloaded and installed the same version off ffms2.dll from the link you gave.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

FFVideoSource()
    AssumeFPS(50)
    AssumeTff()
    TFM()
    SelectEven()
    Your script and mine deliver the same thing on my computer. I even downloaded and installed the same version off ffms2.dll from the link you gave.

I'm using the Cplugin 2.6 version, This one specifically r936
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1698838#post1698838

Hmm, it's repeatable here (even with seekmode=0), it likely has to do with ffms2 or that version , because directshowsource works fine with either script

The difference (on this setup) is that version of ffms2 starts with triplicate frames (not field), so starting with selecteven() will delete the wrong frames before tfm()

I swapped out to the official 2.20 version, deleted the index first, and it still produces the same results (triplicate) . ffms2 does rely on haali media splitter for MKV, but not for MP4. So I don't know what else would explain the difference. It's almost certainly a decoding/ source filter difference (so much for "preaching" about ffms2 being more consistent, LOL )
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:05.
    Quote Quote  
  24. His "output.mp4" has a few duplicate frames (correct frames replaced by duplicates) and encoded 4:2:2 . The "chroma ghosting" is probably what he is referring to as combing. I'm guessing something in his directshow chain converted to RGB while still in fields
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    The difference (on this setup) is that version of ffms2 starts with triplicate frames (not field), so starting with selecteven() will delete the wrong frames before tfm()
    It doesn't matter if you delete the first of the duplicates or the second. There must be something else going on. In my final output I see only one duplicate frame at the start (you can get rid of that by using SelectOdd() instead of SelectEven()), no missing frames. I just tried the r936 version and got the same thing again.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It doesn't matter if you delete the first of the duplicates or the second. There must be something else going on. In my final output I see only one duplicate frame at the start (you can get rid of that by using SelectOdd() instead of SelectEven()), no missing frames. I just tried the r936 version and got the same thing again.
    In theory you should be correct, but what's happening here I think is the "duplicates" are not true duplicates (some are slightly different), and it's messing with TFM's matching

Something is very buggy with this particular setup, I'll try on another computer
    Quote Quote  
  27. Yes, it works ok as expected on another computer that had r936 as well

Something is very buggy on that this computer, because selecteven() or selectodd() returns the wrong frames, even with seekmode=0. I'll have to figure it out, but this shouldn't affect the OP's results, his "output.mp4" demonstrates another set of issues.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi all, sorry about the delay. I downloaded the ffms2 thing from the link provided, however, it is a folder that has many subfolders. I tried copying the ffms2.dll into AviSynth's plu-ins folder and then running the script of jagabo. It gives me an error message that says 'the DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error...". I am not sure how to 'install' this DLL.

I got the fastforwarded video result with DirectShowSource. ffVideoSource never worked for me anyway, since the DLL was not installed.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by nharikrishna View Post
    Hi all, sorry about the delay. I downloaded the ffms2 thing from the link provided, however, it is a folder that has many subfolders. I tried copying the ffms2.dll into AviSynth's plu-ins folder and then running the script of jagabo. It gives me an error message that says 'the DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error...". I am not sure how to 'install' this DLL.
    Make sure you're using all 32 bit or all 64 bit components. You can't mix them.

Originally Posted by nharikrishna View Post
    I got the fastforwarded video result with DirectShowSource.
    DirectShow isn't duplicating frames so remove SelectEven() from the script. That should get you normal speed.
    Quote Quote  
  30. jagabo, how do I 'install that plugin? I am using all 32-bit.

I tried with DirectShow again after removing SelectEven) as you suggested. The output is still fast video (fast forwarded)...

Also, when I removed SelectEven() with DirectShowSource, the output video shows as 50 fps in MediaInfo. With SelectEven() included, the output video shows as 25 fps in MediaInfo.
    Last edited by nharikrishna; 23rd Nov 2014 at 00:17.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!