VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there,

I had to register a new account just to see if anyone can help me. I have an Avermedia USB HD DVR (C874) and have installed the latest version of TotalMedia Extreme 2 on my PC. However, whenever I want to record video on to my PC, I have a blue and/or black screen. What is worse is that I also have a Dazzle DVC100 (with corresponding software installed) and when I select the Dazzle on the TotalMedia Capture Module, it shows video and audio.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the corresponding Avermedia software but to no avail. I also have screen captured images of the Module with blue/black screen and with the dazzle selection. Any and all help would be thankful.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR problem.png
Views:	982
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	28552  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR problem control.png
Views:	1142
Size:	730.7 KB
ID:	28553  

Quote Quote  
  2. As you can see from the pictures the dazzle has "composite" in selected and you have to "tell" the software to do the same for the aver media card ( maybe is tuned to svideo analog or YbPbr digital and you connected the source video to the composite so you get blue screen ( if it is analog some show noise some blue screen). Another thing that I can think off ( on the pictures) is that the avremedia card is not recognized by the software ( Total media one ) and it doesn't show the fields (settings changers ) that are there for dazzle but i don't see them on the avermedia screen. Did you try to see if another software can do or only this software? Maybe the software is not so good I don't have any experience with it so I cant comment on it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have reconnected the composite cables towards the DVR and/or disconnected the dazzle, but still displayed the blue screen. When I turn on my PS3 (that is connected to the DVR), the blue screen turns into a black screen. I tried the DVR with the Pinnacle Studio with no success (no even a recogition). How can I have or tell the TotalMedia Extreme software to recognize the video/audio from the DVR or the DVR itself?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To capture with the AVerTV USB HD DVR C874, you have to use AVerScheduler or install ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme from the install disc provided by AVerMedia. The copy of TotalMedia Extreme provided with the AVerTV USB HD DVR C874 was customized to allow it to use the device's hardware encoder. If you are using a different version of TotalMedia Extreme or some other capture software that AVerMedia didn't provide, it won't work with the AVerTV USB HD DVR C874 because it doesn't know how to use the device's hardware encoder.

ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme works with the Dazzle DVC100 because devices that use software to encode can normally be used with many different capture programs. This is because the capture program can substitute its own software encoder for the software encoder provided with the device.

[Edit]Capture software always has to be customized for each supported capture device that hardware encodes, or in the case of Windows Media Center, there has to be a custom plug-in written for the capture device that makes it appear to be a TV tuner card.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 18th Nov 2014 at 08:15.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had installed the AverScheduler on my PC, but it still won't show either the device settings or any video/audio input when the DVR is selected.
    I lost my install disc a while ago so I had to download the TotalMedia Extreme 2 software from a website. If my issues is due software, then can I be provided with the link for the software that can work with my AVerTV USB HD DVR (C784)?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by someguy63- View Post
    I had installed the AverScheduler on my PC, but it still won't show either the device settings or any video/audio input when the DVR is selected.
    I lost my install disc a while ago so I had to download the TotalMedia Extreme 2 software from a website. If my issues is due software, then can I be provided with the link for the software that can work with my AVerTV USB HD DVR (C784)?
    You misunderstood what I meant. The AVerTV USB HD DVR (C784) only works with the software on the installation disc. There are no third-party alternatives you can use and no way to make a standard version of Arcsoft TotalMedia Extreme work with it.

The customized version of Arcsoft TotalMedia Extreme was not available for download at AVerMedia's website. The only download links for software that I could find on AVerMedia's product page for AVerMedia USB HD DVR (C874) are links for AVerScheduler and the Windows Media Center Plugin.

Email AVerMedia to see if they can send you a replacement installation disk or if they will sell you one.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 18th Nov 2014 at 22:29.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had emailed AVermedia for a replacement disc awhile back, but they no longer had any.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!