Video #0 : AVC
    Aspect : 1920 x 1080 (1.778) at 23.976 fps

Audio #1 : DTS at Unknown / 1 509 Kbps
    Infos : 6 channels, 48.0 KHz
    Language : en

Text #0 : PGS Language : en

Text #1 : PGS Language : en

Text #2 : PGS Language : fr
    Now... I've read about VLC and MPC-HC having problems with m2ts and external subtitles. Here in this m2ts file I have PGS subtitles, and as I understand, these are bitmaps.
    So I was wondering, what choices do I have, if I want to watch this file with external subtitles? VLC pretty much crashes, when I'm loading (or auto-loading with the same name as video file) the subtitle - progress bar moves on, but the video itself vanishes.
    MPC-HC just ignores the srt, if I load it after I've started playing the video, and also auto-load with the same name. Program just ignores the fact that I loaded the srt, though I can clearly see from the subtitle selection that it has loaded the srt.
    Then I thought if it's possible to import the srt file into the m2ts. Or convert srt to PGS, and then add the PGS to m2ts. I messed around with ffmpeg for a while to do it, but got no results.

So yeah, there you have it. How is it possible to watch a m2ts file with external subtitle?

Thanks for any help! Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't have a problem playing a .m2ts with external .srt using MPC-HC x64 vers 1.7.7.

But anyway you can use tsMuxeRGUI to mux your .srt into the m2ts (it's converted to PGS)
    Or you can mux to a .mkv using MKVMergeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!