VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Recently, I visited a music festival in Bulgaria and recording shows with my digital camera Canon PowerShot A495. I made about 30 video clips and only 15 can be accessible. It happened in about 50% cases during recording that camera abruptly stop recording with black screen, and the video clips weren’t finalized. Those videos can’t be seen on SD. Others videos which fortunately finalized can bee seen on SD card and be able to transfer from SD card to computer.
    I tried with some programs for recovering files to get those not finalized video clips but only what I was getting, by those programs, were earlier deleted files on SD card.
    I suppose that there are some binary recording of those not finalized video clips and if there are some possibilities that I in some way accesse to them and finally get those videos.
    My camera recording in AVI format video clips and the SD cars which is used is Kingston 4Gb SD HC 2.
    I’m accessing to the files on my SD card in two ways by the original cable gotten with camera and I have SD readers in mu PC.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Video streaming?

Nope, I'm moving you to our camcorders section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. My guess is bad media, you can try recovery software and look through the results for the Canon movie header with a HEX editor (look at the first bytes of a few good video to find out what it looks like, it will be the part that never changes). I don't believe you will have much success though, as a single clip might be spread across multiple files.

I have a small idea on what's happening, test your card with H2testw and report back (this test will fully erase anything on the card, so backup/recover first).
    Last edited by nic2k4; 12th Nov 2014 at 11:31.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!