VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I recorded the end of a nice session with a good friend of mine on my new camera with a MicroSD card I bought off eBay. Sadly it turns out that everything that lands on this SD card gets corrupted. So satisfied with my video, I went to watch it back and - distaster, it won't play!

I've run the file through every single free MP4 fixer out there, with some I got about 9 seconds of stuff, others I got a few other seconds, some recognise that the video is about 2 minutes in length, some don't (the session was longer than 2 mins promise!).

Anyway, I realise it's unorthodox but if anyone knows MP4 files in detail or has paid software that is perhaps more thorough than the free stuff, please respond! I'll be more than happy to work out a price with any respondents.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Throwmeaway View Post
    ...with a MicroSD card I bought off eBay. Sadly it turns out that everything that lands on this SD card gets corrupted.
    Surprise! Let me guess, it was a 32GB card and you got it for a song. There are lots of counterfeit media on ebay, that card probably started out as a 256MB and was hacked to make it look larger. Another common ebay con is the fake Kingston media, Bunnie Huang has a comprehensive analysis on it.

This program was created to test such cards, it will tell you what's the true size of a card.

As for your MP4, you can pretty much forget about it. The whole recording has been overwriting itself multiple times. if anything, you might get the last few megabytes of data back, but you will have to hack a file header with a hex editor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Look on the bright side - you can use it as an excuse to invite your friend back over for round 2
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Look on the bright side - you can use it as an excuse to invite your friend back over for round 2
    LMAO!!!

You can not argue with logic like that!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Spot on nic2k4...damn. I manged to get a few seconds off it and by gum it was delicious, such a shame about the rest. The camera had nothing else on it but the video so there may be more...?

She's a regular visitor, the video was just that good though!
    Quote Quote  
  6. As an aside, I've now reported the seller on eBay.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!