VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Budapest
    Search Comp PM
    IS IT POSSIBLE?

    Imagine ultra low bandwidth HEVC/H.265 video streaming to your Linux laptop, your Android device, Chrome browser, Firefox. On Mac OS, Windows and the iPhone. A dream? Not anymore!

    The libde265 team presents a demo of libde265.js, a JavaScript version of the libde265 H.265 High Efficiency Video decoder.



    http://www.libde265.org/blog/2014/04/10/libde265-js-javascript-hevch-265-bitstream-decoder/


    SHARE YOUR OPINION!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    Looks interesting with a javascript decoder.

    60-65fps on my computer but 0.85fps on my Samsung S3.

    But I guess h265 will be added to html5 video some day....or html6 video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Makes me wonder if it's possible to write a HEVC encoder in JS?
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Makes me wonder if it's possible to write a HEVC encoder in JS?
    Now that Javascript is allowed to write stuff onto the HDDs, yes, that should be possible.

    Anyway, a Javascript-based HEVC decoder surely is a resource-pig...

    and that's the reason why you can buy a 64-core AVX256 rig and prove that I am wrong
    Quote Quote  
  5. [QUOTE=El Heggunte;2355964]
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Anyway, a Javascript-based HEVC decoder surely is a resource-pig...

    and that's the reason why you can buy a 64-core AVX256 rig and prove that I am wrong
    I can prove you are wrong now, just follow the link in the OP and see the decoder in action.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=sophisticles;2356045]
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Anyway, a Javascript-based HEVC decoder surely is a resource-pig...

    and that's the reason why you can buy a 64-core AVX256 rig and prove that I am wrong
    I can prove you are wrong now, just follow the link in the OP and see the decoder in action.
    Yep, something between 9 and 10 frames per second.
    Still no match for the Lentoid HEVC decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Search PM
    [QUOTE=El Heggunte;2356052]
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Anyway, a Javascript-based HEVC decoder surely is a resource-pig...

    and that's the reason why you can buy a 64-core AVX256 rig and prove that I am wrong
    I can prove you are wrong now, just follow the link in the OP and see the decoder in action.
    Yep, something between 9 and 10 frames per second.
    Still no match for the Lentoid HEVC decoder.
    Hmm, I got 69-70 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I get about 33 fps, there's something wrong with your setup.
    Quote Quote