VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Philips 3000 series DVP3**** PLAYER. The hardware media player cannot playH264 or X264 videos. I would like to add these two codec to the media player. Is there any hack which could help me in doing this?

I can even upgrade the firmware. And, i'm looking for custom firmwares too, if it can help playing MKV or H264 at 360p.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. It is not possible to update the firmware or hack it to get such features.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    As a consumer, you CANNOT ever "add codecs" to a hardware player. What they support is a function of the decoding chip they are built with. Since H.264/X.264 playback is not part of the DVD spec, DVD players usually use older, cheaper decoding chips that don't support those codecs. I've never heard of a DVD player that supports H.264/X.264 playback. Such a player, if it exists, probably won't support high definition playback though.

Most BluRay players support file playback that uses H.264/X.264 so you really need to get a BluRay player, not a DVD player, to do this.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!