VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It just occured me, is it possbile to connect a non TBC VCR via a TBC standalone DVD recorder (thus using it as an exterrnal TBC device) to PC, in order to get uncompressed both video and audio for further editing. Has anyone ever tried it? I will report on the results

Sorry, just found this thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319420-Who-uses-a-DVD-recorder-as-a-line-TBC-and-wh...-you-use/page5
    Last edited by kodec; 11th Nov 2014 at 12:27. Reason: Found the thread
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just in case anyone would be interested, I have tested it and it works perfectly, a lossless file on the PC and no more synch problems or any other problems what-so-ever. The passtrough even corrects for that straight line distortion at the very horizontal bottom of the frame many have problems with (e.g. post #3 in this thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/353636-Playing-around-with-a-JVC-BR-S525U-%28or-why-I-hate-DNR%29). Many filters can also be manually adjusted in the recorder itself for the output, if you like it that way. Lineage: JVC S-VHS HR-S6700EU (w. EDIT mode) / Pioneer DVR-560 / Avermedia A177 (VirtualDub Huffyuv).
    Last edited by kodec; 11th Nov 2014 at 02:37.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    A DVD recorder with a TBC isn't what anybody else here would call a "DVR" but it's good that this worked OK for you. Had you really and truly used what the rest of mean by DVR, that would have been a completely unnecessary step.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A-ha, OK, didn't know that, I just called the line recorder by what's in the model names, Pioneer DVR xxx. I would change that part of the topic title too if I could (maybe a mod could do it for future reference, to something like: VCR to DVD Recorder to PC). Anyway, if any amateur such as me has a chance to buy the Pioneer DVR-560 line recorder, don't hesitate. I bought mine when it first came out and didn't think of this option until the other day.
    Last edited by kodec; 11th Nov 2014 at 02:35.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can change your thread title by yourself, Go to your initial post. Click "Edit". Click "Go Advanced". Once you are in the advanced edit screen, you can edit the thread title.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!