VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Experts,

Please Help Me Out Deinterlacing Below Attached Sample Of VOB File. I Have Tried My Best To Correct It But Wasn't Able To Manage It Properly.

SAMPLE Link - https://www.sendspace.com/file/h3krr6

Best Regards.
    Last edited by Chaube22; 3rd Nov 2014 at 14:23. Reason: Sorry For Disrespecting Rules ... Will Take Care Next Time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chaube22 View Post
    My Intro - I'm Bollywood Movies Ripper, Have A Habit Of Sharing My Rips In P2P.
    You are kidding, alright.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/72386-Forum-rules-Acceptable-Use-Policy-%28AUP%29?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    And movie film source isn't interlaced. Your sample was originally telecined, then field-blend deinterlaced, then encoded as interlaced. It's progressive with blended fields.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 3rd Nov 2014 at 13:52.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  4. ^ Yeah I Agree LMotlow, I Tried Using Tdecimate(mode=2, rate=23) But Doesn't Worked As Required.

Please Help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Basically the movie is ruined. Field-blending can seldom be repaired when idiots have processed a DVD the way they did. A couple of members here can sometimes help unblend that type of mistake, but more often than not it won't work. I don't think it will work here.

The forum moderaters aren't in love with giving help for this type of video source.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try this:

Srestore(omode="pp3")
    TDecimate()

No promises, though. Lots of times there are three blends out of five frames and it can't do anything about the third blend. Plus, it often leaves behind artifacts.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Try this:

Srestore(omode="pp3")
    TDecimate()

No promises, though. Lots of times there are three blends out of five frames and it can't do anything about the third blend. Plus, it often leaves behind artifacts.

"Plus, it often leaves behind artifacts".

That's nice to know. I asked about that here when I gave SRestore a serious test drive recently, but the impression I got was others in the thread thought it wasn't terribly normal. I also tried FixBlendIVTC and ExBlend but after a lot of test encodes it became obvious they all produced a pretty similar result when the result was good, yet SRestore was much faster and it produced the least number of artefacts.

Despite my posts at doom9 though, I thought SRestore did a pretty good job in my case. It did miss some blends (around scene changes or if the pattern changed) and now and then there'd be a frame with artefacts for no apparent reason (mostly repeatable on the same frame each time), but the end result was still way better than without the blend removal. It was too distracting for me but with 99.9% of it gone I could live with the odd "glitch".

Anyway, I just thought I'd post to say thanks for letting me know I don't need to experiment with changing plugin versions etc to make SRestore artefact free, because I'd considered trying.
    Quote Quote  
  8. ^ Tried All Above Ideas / Solution Nothing Seems Working Fine For This Source
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Chaube22 View Post
    ^ Tried All Above Ideas / Solution Nothing Seems Working Fine For This Source
    Really? I didn't think SRestore did all that badly. Maybe if you write to the media company that put out that trash pointing out what's wrong with it, they'll release a better one for you to copy.

Indian DVDs are the worst in the world. Some can be improved and fixed, some can't.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!