VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    It'd be easier to do this with a computer, but I'd even go with doing it on my new Android tablet, provided the video files can be moved to a computer.

Elsewhere I posted my Nook HD+ somehow can save videos being watched on YouTube, even streaming videos. I have no idea if it's supposed to have that ability, or if not HOW it got on there. My new tablet doesn't have it, and I'd like it to.

Being able to do it with a computer would be a little faster for working with the files, tho'.

Is there one app or program out there that'll pretty much work with any streaming video, or YouTube type video? (I have aTubeCatcher on my computer...but using it to store streaming vids...I'm lost. And streaming would be important.)

Any info you can give to a "babe in the woods" will be appreciated. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. No program works with all streaming video. You must use several downloaders like getflv, masstube (good for youtube!), vso video downloader, etc. And then keep updating them. Because all streaming sites are constantly changing the way it works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i don't think that the current newer androids (4.4.xx) work as downloaders anymore. that is, i've tried almost all of the youtube and vemeo or vevo downloaders for the android and none of them work for downloading the videos to the android.

i do know that the windows tablets work as downloaders. all the youtube and vevo downloaders i've downloaded work very well for downloading videos. i download them to a 32gig micro sd card, and then pop it into my usb card reader on my desktop pc.

i have not found a workable, simple way of transfering them onto my desktop via wifi other than to either take the micro sd card out of the android and pop it into a card reader on your desktop and transfer them that way, or else, connect your micro usb cable to your pc's usb port and use that method of transfering your videos from your android to your desktop pc.

the other route is through dropbox or cloud, which is a lot more work because you have to transfer the videos to the internet and then to your pc.

the fastest way of transfer is probably through the micro sd card to your pc's usb. and the second fastest is through the direct connect of the micro usb cable from the android to your desktop pc.

i don't know if this answers your question but this is how i do it for some of the videos that i watch and keep. but if there is a better way for the android, i'd like to hear it, too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vhelp View Post
    i don't think that the current newer androids (4.4.xx) work as downloaders anymore. that is, i've tried almost all of the youtube and vemeo or vevo downloaders for the android and none of them work for downloading the videos to the android.

i do know that the windows tablets work as downloaders. all the youtube and vevo downloaders i've downloaded work very well for downloading videos. i download them to a 32gig micro sd card, and then pop it into my usb card reader on my desktop pc.

i have not found a workable, simple way of transfering them onto my desktop via wifi other than to either take the micro sd card out of the android and pop it into a card reader on your desktop and transfer them that way, or else, connect your micro usb cable to your pc's usb port and use that method of transfering your videos from your android to your desktop pc.

the other route is through dropbox or cloud, which is a lot more work because you have to transfer the videos to the internet and then to your pc.

the fastest way of transfer is probably through the micro sd card to your pc's usb. and the second fastest is through the direct connect of the micro usb cable from the android to your desktop pc.

i don't know if this answers your question but this is how i do it for some of the videos that i watch and keep. but if there is a better way for the android, i'd like to hear it, too.

Well, actually I was asking mostly for info on capturing/recording/streaming/downloading (whatever) streaming video, per the thread title.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!