VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi ****

I have some videos of my cats in PAL and others in NTSC (all from my gopro camera) but MediaInfo don't tell nothing about ntsc or pal, how can I have this info in the report of mediainfo? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    There is a tag called STANDARD in media info which is used to show if a file is NTSC or PAL. If it is not there it is not Mediainfo's fault.

Quote Quote  
  3. thanks, so from command line what I have to type? (to get the pal/ntsc info in a .txt file)

I know , for example, mediainfo generate his report in a txt file with

Code:
    medianfo.exe input.mp4 dumpinfo:unicodefile.txt
    How I tell to mediainfo the use of "standard" tag?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just look at the frame rate. If it's 25 or 50 it's "PAL." (PAL is SD only, so there is less and less true PAL or NTSC being generated anymore.)
    Quote Quote  
  5. gopro can shoot, for example @ 48 fps both in NTSC or PAL mode ("PAL" also if it shoot only in HD)

100 fps of gopro in common to the ntsc and pal mode

I need, if possibile, to distinguish between this modes with a "ufficial" information, even if is passed to the mediainfo
    Quote Quote  
  6. NTSC and PAL are analog video standards. Digital video files may or may not have anything in common with those standards.
    Quote Quote  
  7. yes I know PAL and NTSC are not HD, however also the gopro menu (in a conventional manner) have the setting "PAL or NTSC"

I sould batch automate:

IF the input video is ""PAL"" use

AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim(0, last.FrameCount/2-1)

but if the video input is ""NTSC"" use

AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim(0, last.FrameCount/2-2)

Code:
            rem ***Make The .avs Script File***
            echo Import^("C:\Program Files\AviSynth\plugins\IcResize.avsi"^)>%2
            echo FFVideoSource^(%4^)>>%2
            echo ConvertToYUY2^(interlaced=false^)>>%2
            rem echo ColorYUV^(levels="PC->TV"^)>>%2
            rem echo ColorYUV^(gamma_y=-7, gamma_u=-7, gamma_v=-7^)>>%2
            echo LanczosResize^(720,576^)>>%2

IF "%gopro50fps%"=="1" echo AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim^(0, last.FrameCount/2-1^)>>%2
            IF "%gopro50fps%"=="1" echo AssumeFPS^(25^)>>%2

IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" echo SmoothFPS2^(50000,1000^)>>%2
            IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" if "%gopro48fps%"=="1" echo AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim^(0, last.FrameCount/2-1^)>>%2
            IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" if "%gopro100fps%"=="1" echo AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim^(0, last.FrameCount/2-2^)>>%2
            IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" if not "%gopro48or100fps%"=="1" echo AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim^(0, last.FrameCount/2-2^)>>%2
            IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" echo AssumeFPS^(25^)>>%2

echo processing source file %4
    for this I try to get the "pal" on "NTSC" info by the mediainfo
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post

AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim(0, last.FrameCount/2-1)

AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim(0, last.FrameCount/2-2)
    The first line works to remove the orphaned field at the end of any source video with an odd number of frames. NTSC vs. PAL properties makes no difference.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    yes I know PAL and NTSC are not HD, however also the gopro menu (in a conventional manner) have the setting "PAL or NTSC"

I sould batch automate:

Code:
            rem ***Make The .avs Script File***
            echo Import^("C:\Program Files\AviSynth\plugins\IcResize.avsi"^)>%2
            echo FFVideoSource^(%4^)>>%2
            echo ConvertToYUY2^(interlaced=false^)>>%2
            rem echo ColorYUV^(levels="PC->TV"^)>>%2
            rem echo ColorYUV^(gamma_y=-7, gamma_u=-7, gamma_v=-7^)>>%2
            echo LanczosResize^(720,576^)>>%2

IF "%gopro50fps%"=="1" echo AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim^(0, last.FrameCount/2-1^)>>%2
            IF "%gopro50fps%"=="1" echo AssumeFPS^(25^)>>%2

IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" echo SmoothFPS2^(50000,1000^)>>%2
            IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" if "%gopro48fps%"=="1" echo AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim^(0, last.FrameCount/2-1^)>>%2
            IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" if "%gopro100fps%"=="1" echo AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim^(0, last.FrameCount/2-2^)>>%2
            IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" if not "%gopro48or100fps%"=="1" echo AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4, 0, 3).Weave().Trim^(0, last.FrameCount/2-2^)>>%2
            IF NOT "%GOproFPS25OR50%"=="1" echo AssumeFPS^(25^)>>%2

echo processing source file %4
    for this I try to get the "pal" on "NTSC" info by the mediainfo
    Out of curiosity what is the point in weaving the frames? On what player or format is your video rendered?

Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Out of curiosity what is the point in weaving the frames?
    He's converting 50p to 25i. Or 60p to 30i. Etc. He insists on ruining his videos because he uses an ancient editor with many limitations.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!