VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Beware? Tried to delete install files of previous version, but got immediate popup requesting a password for "MainWnd/imgs/clean_tasks.png", same for current version install files. Can't close the popup except thru task manager and can't delete the install files, which concerns me.

Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks, Baldrick, these other virus checkers confirm what mine found.

I keep getting these popup requests for a password when I select it and hit Shift-Delete (don't want it in my Recycle Bin). Trying to close the popups is an exercise in futility.

Edit: I kept clicking on the popups as they cycled through a long list of files requiring a password, and after about 10-15 clicks, I finally got the request to confirm I wanted to delete the file. WTH??? I've never seen this before, and I sure don't like it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Might be a file ownership or permission issue. You can go through the whole procedure to fix that or I like to keep a Linux live disc around for stuff like that; you can delete files Windows won't let you otherwise.

You might also try to open an Explorer window with administrator credentials, just right click on Windows Explorer (or Computer) and select run as administrator.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I find Unlocker useful for this type of situation http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1029-unlocker.html
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use a program called Take Ownership that puts a right click context menu allowing you to take ownership of files folders and sub folders. A must have program for anyone using Windows seven.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-clic...menu-in-vista/

EDIT: I thought I had tried Unlocker but either couldn't install or it didn't work like it did in XP. There are a few programs that I couldn't use in Windows 7 that I had used for years. Properties Plus ( I use Change File Extension instead), a replacement for Windows Search (Everything). If I hadn't found these programs, I would not use Windows 7 at all since it is totally useless to me without these programs.
    Last edited by DarrellS; 6th Nov 2014 at 21:31.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!