Closed Thread
Thread
  1. ---
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mybd_1.0_screenshot.png
Views:	2135
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	28106  

Last edited by Mateo Dalmas; 30th Oct 2014 at 09:25.

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    Whose realization of the encoder?

3. Hi, thats from Cinemartin, a reputable company from the post pro & cinema, aparently the first company to release a h265 encoder in their Cinec soft back in 2013

Search Comp PM
    I haven't downloaded or used this pgm but from what I saw on their page they request a lot of personal information including a non-hotmail email account before sending a dl link. The std version is locked at 720p and 75% quality among some of the limitations I saw. So it is not quite as as Mat says "All in one tool, so no limitations like others" "and its free"
    Last edited by gll99; 26th Oct 2014 at 13:57.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.

5. Originally Posted by gll99 View Post
    I haven't downloaded or used this pgm but from what I saw on their page they request a lot of personal information including a non-hotmail email account before sending a dl link. The std version is locked at 720p and 75% quality among some of the limitations I saw. So it is not quite as as Mat says "All in one tool, so no limitations like others" "and its free"
    You hit the nail right on the head. AnyDVDhd , and 15 other softwares will let me have a full function free trial before I buy it, without giving them my e-mail address and other information. Too much information for a version that is not fully functional,

6. Originally Posted by gll99 View Post

Thats true

7. [QUOTE=alan1476;2353032]
    Originally Posted by gll99 View Post
    15 other softwares will let me have a full function free trial before I buy it, without giving them my e-mail address and other information. Too much information for a version that is not fully functional,
    Thats also true, but for me is no problem to give my email, whats that ?, whats an email ? well it depends what email you are giving and if the company seems or not trust.

Also it seems there are few out there that convert to h265, and like it or not, it is twice best than h265, and if not believe me just google.

As for the trial or limited:
    Why i need to get any of the 15 software trial (ohoh without email !! oh oh email costtsss !, ey whatsthat) iof it will expire when i can get a free app ?
    eyy ey 720 ok, thats a limitation, but i prefeer to have a program that let me convert and backup bds for-ever, even limited at 720 (and 720 is good enought on most cases) than a trial app.

8. Well, I have also DVDFab, seems good and the interface is better than MyBD. I'll keep those apps until some stops

9. In case you are not aware of the way business is conducted, the customer is supposed to trust the vendor, not the other way around. Why do you need information to let someone try a freeware program and whats up with no Hotmail address allowed?

10. Originally Posted by alan1476 View Post
    In case you are not aware of the way business is conducted, the customer is supposed to trust the vendor, not the other way around. Why do you need information to let someone try a freeware program and whats up with no Hotmail address allowed?
    I dont know why they are asking for email, hmnn thats true, if the app is free, why an email ?
    I have no idea why not hotmail addresses

11. Well, they may give the freeware users some advertising about they other paid premium products

12. Please don't insult my intelligence, do you work for this company you talk about? Its seems very funny to me that JDobbs is stopping DVD Rebuilder free, and now you come along with something that supposedly does the same thing, I do not know if this is the case because I do not have a copy of your MYBD. I wish you luck in your new endeavor. I will however having nothing to do with it. Good luck to you.

13. I told you per active and passive, I do not work for this company, here and in the other forum you replied to my words about. And thank you, good luck too

14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is not visible function by cropping

Search Comp PM
    Note that none of the moderators or regulars have entered this thread. That should tell you to avoid this program.

16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Someone just came onto the MakeMKV forum to say they downloaded this program. Apparently the programs ability to "unlock protection mechanisms from commercial movies" comes from the fact that they've included MakeMKVCon with the package.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8427&sid=f71cd463998ac08f9ed606dae1a83a22

I was wondering how they managed that. I wonder what they've done to make them feel the right to say they've beaten Cinavia.

17. Look I was just as skeptical as you guys, look at my above posts, but I actually tried this, I think its possible to license the MakeMKV library if that's what they are doing, but the decryption is not what makes this program good, its the fact that it make an H265 .mp4 less than 500mb in size, out of a 30gb Bluray disc, I couldn't care if it didn't decrypt, I own AnyDVDHD, the fact that it make these file with great quality at less than 500mbs is amazing to me, and I have to apologize to Dalmas in my previous posts, I too was extremely skeptical.

18. Member
    Search PM
    The reply at the MakeMKV forum says that they have hacked MakeMKV, so its not an official license.

19. Hello, Im Tony Hernandez from Cinemartin MyBD.
    Im on the words of the main developer of Cinemartin.

Developer asked to makemkv support team on 10/18/2014 04:14 AM for use makemkv within his software for purposes of decrypting. MakeMkv support said yes, it is possible, plus giving links on documentation for makemkv for developers.
    We have the email that corroborate this.

For any discussion about this please contact Cinemartin at the email provided on the website. I will give no more replies about this as we dont received any complaint from makemkv.

Please let this forum to discuss the use and tests of MyBD

20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At last count there are actually two frontends for MakeMKV in active development on the MakeMKV forum, I'd possibly find more if I was interested in that kind of thing, so yes it is actually allowed to use MakeMKV in other programs. I don't know if you're allowed to actually sell those programs for money though, that's not my concern. For one thing, as Mike said you actually need a key to get MakeMKV to work from more than a month or so, somehow I don't think anyone gave to the right to bypass that clause. For another, your site makes no mention that it uses MakeMKV for decryption, which is kind of dishonest and might be useful to know. I don't really care, I'll never buy your program, but I was wondering how you managed to write a fully functional Blu Ray decrypter without taking the time to properly test the thing in the real world, and now I know. I'm still wondering what makes you think you've beaten Cinavia...

21. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    At last count there are actually two frontends for MakeMKV in active development on the MakeMKV forum, I'd possibly find more if I was interested in that kind of thing, so yes it is actually allowed to use MakeMKV in other programs. I don't know if you're allowed to actually sell those programs for money though, that's not my concern. For one thing, as Mike said you actually need a key to get MakeMKV to work from more than a month or so, somehow I don't think anyone gave to the right to bypass that clause. For another, your site makes no mention that it uses MakeMKV for decryption, which is kind of dishonest and might be useful to know. I don't really care, I'll never buy your program, but I was wondering how you managed to write a fully functional Blu Ray decrypter without taking the time to properly test the thing in the real world, and now I know. I'm still wondering what makes you think you've beaten Cinavia...
    +1

22. "Mike said you actually need a key to get MakeMKV to work from more than a month or so"
    Who said we dont have key/s ?

"For another, your site makes no mention that it uses MakeMKV for decryption, which is kind of dishonest"
    We dont need to. We may add that info, but thats at our discetion, well or unless at a minimum, that someone from makemkv contact us and ask for, then probably we will do.

I dont want to give more replies or other questions related to the aforementioned.as our team knows what it does. I dont want to explain here the policy and EULA of makemkv. This is a legal question and If your guys are interested in discuss this just send me an email.

"You actually need a key to get MakeMKV to work from more than a month or so, somehow I don't think anyone gave to the right to bypass that clause"
    I dont need to tell you if we have or not key/s commercially or not (the upgraded free ones), as I dont need to explain how our program works and how manage the decryption process. Who said that this program will not work afer a month or so like you said, I tell you, no one
    Whats the problem about that, Who said ? who said ?, you cannot judge our app until a "month or so" like you said, goes out, then if not work come back again

. As I told you and clearly stated on this forum, we have contacted makemkv using email asking for the use of that app in our software, they said yes, and, again, makemkv EULA allows that, so stop from discussing more of this. This is a forum someone start to show the app and discuss the use of the app not the legals about. More words about that will, and as may detriment ours, unfortunately, will decide me to goes out from this forum and give no more replies for this and or other of our software.

Do you think guy it is correct to critique and be as skeptical as possible with our software !, probably you are on the right to show the people who you are, yes, that you are a master, and you know all about the software, but again no more skepticals about legal of the software as it is legal.

I hope the administrator read this.

23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If everyone who buys your program gets there own valid MakeMKV key then just say so and I'll really be quite happy that MakeMKV has a decent user interface somewhere. If by "who says we don't have keys" you mean you take the beta key from the forum or endlessly copy a key you bought then I'll point out that BDRebuilder just died because no one bothered paying for the thing. Instead of actually explaining how your association with MakeMKV works you're getting annoyed and berating people who have actual questions and concerns about your program.

By Administrator, do you mean Baldrick or Mike? I'm sure Baldrick will read this, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make though.
    Last edited by ndjamena; 30th Oct 2014 at 09:14.

24. I dont need to explain anything, good luck, ask to your mother

25. Hello , I decide to close this thread. This case goes out of your hands and I dont want no problem for the guys of the app.
    As this is the Thread I started and the words are mine. I ask to the administrator to close this thread, and delete.

Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!