VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a laptop (screen 1366x768) and I need to make a short trailer for a game I made. I have fraps, but it records at your native resolution. My concern is that youtube uses an 16:9 aspect ratio and laptop screens (well my laptop screen atleast) don't. Could anyone here give me some advice about the best way to capture on my laptop?

It is able to record at my resolution without any lag in the game, its a very simple and not performance intensive game.

By the way, if anyone here wants to try the prototype I have online just let me know and Ill send a link.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by KeelanM View Post
    Hi, I have a laptop (screen 1366x768) and I need to make a short trailer for a game I made. I have fraps, but it records at your native resolution. My concern is that youtube uses an 16:9 aspect ratio and laptop screens (well my laptop screen atleast) don't. Could anyone here give me some advice about the best way to capture on my laptop?

It is able to record at my resolution without any lag in the game, its a very simple and not performance intensive game.

By the way, if anyone here wants to try the prototype I have online just let me know and Ill send a link.

There is no problem. 1366x768 is 16:9 AR.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ?Ah, sorry. Seriously dumb moment there. If I want to record in 1080p, are there any options?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by KeelanM View Post
    ?Ah, sorry. Seriously dumb moment there. If I want to record in 1080p, are there any options?
    Not on your laptop directly; but you might be able to if you have an external display hooked up and your graphics card supports it (and your hardware is fast enough to capture)

You could also upscale the recording to 1080p
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I'll ask around and see if I could get a monitor to use. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    If you want a Youtube video you can use one of the many Youtube downloaders that is much better than using fraps.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    If you want a Youtube video you can use one of the many Youtube downloaders that is much better than using fraps.
    Actually read what the OP wrote
    Or the title of the thread......
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Actually read what the OP wrote
    Or the title of the thread......
    Oops.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!