VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for a way to create multiple AVI files in batch from sets of JPEGs.

In more detail, the sets of JPEGS would be in individual folders within a single higher level folder. The JPEGS will have a consistent naming convention consisting of a stem concatenated with a sequence number. In an additional text file(s), for instance, I would specify some text to appear for the first few seconds of the video. I would also want this or another file(s) to hold the frame rate which should be applied to JPEG frames.

Is there a solution available which would get close to this requirement?

Thanks in advance for any insights which can be offered.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would use AutoIt to create a small program that will parse all the info in each directory and write an Avisynth script on the fly and encode the AVI file using ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Many thanks for the tip. I've had a look at some of the documentation for Avisynth and it look promising.

Would you be able to supply or point me to an example of a script which drives the production of an .avi file from a set of JPEGS in the same folder with a stem followed by a zero-padded sequence number and a specified frame rate?

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    video=ImageSource("D:\sequences\sequence01\stem-%04d.jpg",fps=25)
    audio=WAVSource("D:\sequences\sequence01\stem.wav")
    AudioDub(video,audio)
    You can also add text overlays that fade in and out wherever you need using additional Avisynth functions. Feed ffmpeg the script to encode to an avi video file.

The key is using AutoIt to create a program that reads in all the required info for each sequence and have it write the Avisynth script that then runs ffmpeg with the script as it's input.
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's great - problem solved.

Very many thanks for you help.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!