VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    since win 98 through to and including win XP I have been using intervideo windvd4 , this has a small floating interface which can be hidden or made to appear and at left was a circular control, it also had speed of playback , file open, volume, stills capture icon as well as play pause fast fwd reverse and other controls ALL IMMEDIATELY ACCESSIBLE AS SHOULD BE....on the 100mm x 30mm bronze themed interface. BRILLIANT.

One can hit pause then rotate the wheel CW or CCW to slow mo at variable speed ( more you rotate it the faster it goes), also a button for frame by frame fwd and backward (latter jumps to last I frame) hit P on keyboard or click camera for stills capture same size as the video.

A keyboard key for stills capture is good as it saves trying to keep mouse hovered over some screen icon !

A stills viewer could be launched showing what was captured, scroll through, options to delete, save specific or save all, d/click to see a still same size as the video.

Now this is everything one wants. THIS IS AWESOME.

Corel took over Intervideo win dvd and messed this all up, removed most of the up front controls , we are left with play ffw rev and a slider.
    Tools gives camera, small thumbs, no obvious means of selecting one and saving it. Instead they are all saved but explorer needs to be launched to see them. I selected that option and nothing appeared, because I had windvd11 set to on top, so explorer was hidden behind, but we need the video controller on top of the video.

We have gone from a car with gear stick and speedo to one where a menu has to be accessed to see the speedo

21st century back to the bronze age. WHY DISPOSE OF ALL THOSE VIDEO PLAYBACK CONTROLS, IF IT WORKS DONT BREAK IT.

I dont want to have to exit my viewing and visit some menu to set a value for slow mo, then bak to the menu to increase it, the wheel did all that instantly, I want that wheel, a prog designed by someone who knows the basics of video viewing. damn those at Corel ! Why rip out such useful controls ?

What is there that gives us back those controls up front immediately accessible as is the way with video controls when viewing, not in a menu ?

I see a link is created in my thread to win dvd, that takes me to another page in videohelp mentioning windvd11 and an image with a newer version of the wheel, clcking that its intervideo windvd. that many featured interface is not windvd11, or have i overlooked an option to display the classic windvd interface ?

DBenz
    Last edited by DBenz; 23rd Oct 2014 at 06:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. MPCHC:
    Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow = Frame Back, Frame Forward
    Alt + I = Save Image
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    trialling windvdpro 11

Thanks, tried that, in pause mode no joy, also tried it in play mode.
    nothing happens.
    Indian salesman said frame by frame , slow mo, only in purchased, not trial, so takes my details to sell me it, I google images windvd11 and say I dont see such controls anywhere and surely there would be the purchased versions interface. he tells me to ring corel and puts phone down on me.

www sees others asking where the heck has frame by frame gone.

DBenz
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DBenz View Post
    Thanks, tried that, in pause mode no joy, also tried it in play mode.
    nothing happens.
    Works for me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI
    I managed to speak to Corel and they tell me they have removed the frame by frame function in windvd11.

I AM BLOODY FURIOUS OVER THIS.

WHY ??? Why take a perfect product and rip bits off it ? the internet is full of folk asking which dvd player does frame by frame, well windvd4 did do so.

I am now left with trying to get windvd4 to play on win7, as windvd4 had the great circular shuttle control slow mo fwd and back, and pause and frame by frame, hit camera button and a still is made, one can view these as thumbs and full size, select those required and save, or save all.
    Fantastic interface with everything there, and then corel decide to remove frame by frame, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY ?????

so I am now installing windvd4 on win7, it installs but wont play, so install codec pack, thats got a trojan, pc locked up, so get backup back on, start again, try power dvd, frame by frame as arrow keys, but C for capture doesnt show what was captured instead a box with an address, and a close button, hit c five times and get one still, and mess up viewing. no mutli capture and no visual feedback on what was captured. One has to launch a photo viewer to view a win explorer interface.

stone age stuff...archaic.

so now forced to try for xp mode in win7 install all that, install antivirus, calibrate screen all over again, then try for windvd4 there.

sodding hell, is this progress ? Thank you Corel.

DBenz
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by DBenz View Post
    I managed to speak to Corel and they tell me they have removed the frame by frame function in windvd11.

I AM BLOODY FURIOUS OVER THIS.

WHY ???
    Because Hollywood forced them. http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/07/blu-ray-and-hd-dvd-copy-protection-defeated-by-print-screen/
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So some twat who has nothing to do in life is going to spend weeks capturing a 25fps 2hr movie frame by frame with the stills capture of windvd, thats 25 x 60 x 60 x 2 = 180000 stills so as to pirate a blueray movie.
    To stop him bona fide users wishing to capture stills for analysis are given the elbow.
    Just how many twats would there be out there hitting the stills capture 180000 times then assembling such ?
    compared to serious users needing stills capture whilst viewing full screen with minimal interuption ?
    The twats will find other ways to duplicate, meanwhile we genuine users are to spend hours trying to find a decent alternative.

BLOODY STUPID KNEE JERK RULES. Progress to the stone age by someone who doesnt have to do stills, but can make a law.

apologies to Corel, Intervideo removed it. stills capture is now like clay pigeon shooting, as the scene passes by, try and capture that 1 second image.

DBenz
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Or, rip the movie, drop the file in an editor, and get pic exports frame-accurately, no problem.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!