VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I have an iPhone 4s, and have never used the default video app. I have a movie that I synced to my iPhone but the subtitles associated are not there. The original format for the movie was MKV (with subtitles). I used Prism Video Converter to convert the MKV to MP4, but during the process the subtitles were removed. I downloaded an SRT file for the movie. Do I need to convert again with the SRT file and the MP4 movie? If so, what is a good software to accomplish this task as Prism Video Converter isn't the greatest? Is there anyway I can avoid converting again? Also, could the problem be linked to iTunes? Thanks in advance!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can mux (embed) the subtitles with My MP4BoxGUI (Windows).

You can use MKVtoMP4 to get a MP4 file. It'll not convert the video if it's h.264 encoded but just copy it.

If you need to encode the video you could use HandBrake/Vidcoder. There are pre-set for iPhone.
    Quote Quote