VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A few times a year I use my PVR 2 to record snippets of things from my UVerse DVR.

I've never had this issue before - the video displays fine in the capture software (whatever Hauppauge's default software is), but after maybe 7 or so seconds it freezes. The solid yellow light is on.

Component connection. I have checked the component connection, tried different USB ports, different USB cables, updated the software, updated the driver, tried recording it in super low resolution.

I can't seem to find this issue online and have never had problems before.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions?

I am not using pass through.
    Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 18th Oct 2014 at 13:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had this issue but not after 7 seconds. I had it after over 2 hours of recording.

A couple of days ago i used WinTV to record another 3+ hour NFL game. What I did this time was:

1. I turned the Hauppauge HDPVR 2 on its side so that the underneath grille was not covered and there would be no overheating

2. I set the priority of WinTV, along with other Hauppauge services, to high.

It worked perfectly and I had no more freezing after the 2 hour mark. I think the issue for me was overheating. Not sure if this will fix it for you.

BTW I connect to my satellite receiver using HDMI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is there a chance this is some kind of U-verse security feature?

I booted up ArcSoft Showbiz and am having the same issue. After maybe 7-10 second the video freezes.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I hope this will help someone in the future, the fix:

I noticed no sound was coming through. After double and triple checking the connections, I remembered NVIDIA had frozen last time it updated.

I deleted all audio drivers/codecs in the device manager, rebooted, Windows reinstalled them. Everything is now working fine.

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!