VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Only option I found was WMVTIMES.exe from ffchandler, which I would like avoid using since it crashes for me whenever I want to specify a separate output path:
    Code:
    WMVTimes.exe "Path to input file"
    works,
    Code:
    WMVTimes.exe "Path to input file" "path to output file"
    like the usage:
    Usage is: WMVTIMES inputfile[.asf][.wmv] [outputfile[.txt]]
    suggests, doesn't. (Sadly there is also no source code available and ffchandler seems to be mia for a few years now.)

Cu Selur

Ps.: ideally a solution which natively works on Linux and Windows would be preferable, but a Windows only version is okay too.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Works correctly over here Example:

Code:
    wmvtimes 666video.wmv F:\666times.txt
    As a workaround, you could remux to Matroska (with ffmpeg, or via DirectShow), and then extract the timecodes with MKVtoolnix

Also, how about asking Lord Mulder to reinvent the wheel?

FWIW, he already knows how to deal with the WMA timestamps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Code:
    "G:\Hybrid\WMVTIMES.exe" "C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\file2.wmv" "H:\Temp\timeCode.txt"
    doesn't work for me.
    -> does it work for you if the output name isn't also the input name (with a .txt extension)?

As a workaround, you could remux to Matroska (with ffmpeg,
    I would prefer to not have to copy the original file, otherwise I could copy the file first into my temp folder and use WMVTIMES without specifying the output.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Found another workaround by calling ffprobe with -show_packets, and grabbing the video packets pts values. (when writing code, using av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp() would be probably the call to use)
    Last edited by Selur; 15th Oct 2014 at 08:39.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!