VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i recorded on this they record and play on the dvd player but not on pc anyone know why? i finilised but that didnt do much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does your pc have a dvd drive??
    Quote Quote  
  3. yeah my problem was media player didnt play the format but vlc and freemake did. also my tv didnt play the format but freemake can convert it to avi ive seen this problem on all the other topic here for this model also but this is the answer to them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That recorder records in VR Mode and Video Mode. Which one are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  5. whats the diferance i think it was vob.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tox_von View Post
    whats the diferance i think it was vob.
    There is no such thing as "vob Mode".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tox_von View Post
    whats the diferance i think it was vob.
    If the DVD has a VIDEO_TS folder containing VOB, IFO, and BUP files, then it was recorded in video mode.

Are you are perhaps using Windows Media Player on a Windows 8.x system? Before Windows 8 was released, Microsoft decided it did not want to pay the required licensing fees to allow MPEG-2 video and DVD playback, among other things, so the ability to play them was removed from WMP for Windows 8.x. Those who want DVD playback need to install other software, or upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro and buy Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack, which allows DVD playback via Windows Media Center.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 16th Oct 2014 at 13:19.
    Quote Quote  
  8. one was vro it was i just looked. and the other was vob.
    Last edited by tox_von; 18th Oct 2014 at 21:59.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Pioneer VRO format is a wildcard: may or may not play outside the recorder depending on the type of blank you used (-R, +R, -RW, +RW).

DVDs finalized in Pioneer DVD recorders (all models) will fail to load properly in many PC DVD players. The reason is Pioneer inexplicably decided to skip an obscure but necessary authoring element that hardware players overlook but software players get stalled by: Pioneer DVDs have no "First Play PGC" data (which tells the player how to load the contents of the DVD). Hardware players will default to standby mode and wait for you to press PLAY or MENU, but many PC software players will lock up and behave as if they can't read the disc (you can't access the menu and can't play the disc at all). Same thing happens with some media players if you rip a Pioneer DVD to their hard drives. The issue does not seem to affect Mac OSX software players.

The cure is tedious. You need to rip the VIDEO_TS folder from your finalized Pioneer DVD to your PC hard drive. Then use the pgcEdit software utility to add a "First Play PGC" setting to it. Download pgcEdit from the VideoHelp software library and install it, then open the copied VIDEO_TS folder in pgcEdit: the program will alert you that the folder has no First Play PGC and ask if you want it to add one. Click "yes" and it will program the VIDEO_TS to automatically load and begin playing the first video when opened by any hardware or software player. Save this change, open the VIDEO_TS folder, and delete the "pgcEdit Backup" folder you'll find inside. Burn the modified VIDEO_TS folder to a new DVD using a good burning utility like imgBurn, and this new DVD will work normally in every player. It will load and begin playing when you close the tray, you can access the dvd menu by pressing the player "top menu", "root menu" or "menu" button.

If you'd rather have the DVD automatically load the menu screen instead of automatically begin playing, you need to dig around in the pgcEdit utility and change a couple of cryptic settings. Once you get the hang of pgcEdit, another trick it can do is add proper automatic aspect ratio flags to Pioneer dvds. When a Pioneer is connected to a cable box or tuner that feeds it a true 16:9 widescreen signal, it will record it in standard squeezed 4:3 anamorphic format. But it doesn't automatically unsqueeze when played on a 16:9 TV: you always have to manually stretch it with the framing button on your TV remote (and it plays distorted on older 4:3 CRT televisions). Using pgcEdit's Domain Attributes pane, you can correct the default playback setting for 16:9 videos on a Pioneer dvd from 4:3 to 16:9. This will trigger the dvd and your player to automatically unsqueeze and fill a 16:9 TV, or automatically letterbox for a 4:3 TV.
    Last edited by orsetto; 18th Oct 2014 at 10:56.
    Quote Quote  
  10. i used freemake to clip adds and make it avi worked on 3 recordings now so far.

and VOB2MPG v3 which one of the formats it records in was along with vro.

vobtomgeg changed the time signature to correctly which vob didnt have.
    Last edited by tox_von; 18th Oct 2014 at 21:58.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!