VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Thread
  1. Hi guys

    I wanted to ask How to convert DTS-HD / HDMA With bitrate 1509kbps to DTS 755kbps ?
    Please tell me name of tool which would work on Windows Server 2012 [Because I use server to encode] and Windows 7 too
    Would be great if you provide me tutorial link or tutorial to do that !

    Thank you
    Respect to VH staff and All helpers !!
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    Freeware way: decode with eac3to, re-encode with ffdcaenc.

    Complicated way: re-encode with the (outdated) Surcode application, or with the official Master Audio Suite.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Freeware way: decode with eac3to, re-encode with ffdcaenc.

    Complicated way: re-encode with the (outdated) Surcode application, or with the official Master Audio Suite.
    I think eac3to needs codes ...................I dont know them ..... can you tell me codes ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. you can download neroAacEnc.exe from web, put it into eac3to directory and eac3to can encode aac directly then
    edit: I see you want to get DTS
    Last edited by _Al_; 13th Oct 2014 at 17:48.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.2shared.com/file/01b0VIKR/ArcSoft_DTS_Decoder_1108.html [the little download button not the big one]

    -or any number of download sites-

    (Copy/Pasted from something I posted yesterday on the MakeMKV forum.)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just wondering: Isn't 1.5MBit a bit low for a DTS-HD / HDMA track?
    (thought that the DTS core on it's own normally is 1.5MBit, so what happened to the losslessness?)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Search Comp PM
    I assume he's looking at it through MediaInfo, since the core has a constant bitrate MI displays it, but the MA elements are variable (and so is the video) so MI just lists it as Unknown. People only see the one number and assume 1509 is the bitrate. Rookie mistake.
    Quote Quote  
  8. that makes sense
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  9. Can anyone give me link to download Arcsoft DTS Decoder?
    The link above is dead
    Quote Quote  
  10. Don't bother, newer eac3to does not need it anymore for DTS-HD MA.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Don't bother, newer eac3to does not need it anymore for DTS-HD MA.
    eac3to says:

    Quote Quote  
  12. You asked for the Arcsoft DTS Decoder which - as I said - is not needed anymore do decode DTS-HD MA. The Surcode DTS Encoder is something completely different. If you google "Surcode DTS Encoder" you will find the company selling that encoder, it is not free software I could just give you a download link to.
    Personally, I'd just copy the DTS core and be done with it. If you absolutely want to re-encode to lower bitrate you can use ffdcaenc (like mentioned above) or ffmpeg or simply use eac3to to encode to 640 kbit/s AC3. Practically everything that supports DTS will also support AC3.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    You asked for the Arcsoft DTS Decoder which - as I said - is not needed anymore do decode DTS-HD MA. The Surcode DTS Encoder is something completely different. If you google "Surcode DTS Encoder" you will find the company selling that encoder, it is not free software I could just give you a download link to.
    Personally, I'd just copy the DTS core and be done with it. If you absolutely want to re-encode to lower bitrate you can use ffdcaenc (like mentioned above) or ffmpeg or simply use eac3to to encode to 640 kbit/s AC3. Practically everything that supports DTS will also support AC3.
    Sorry, but I want to do DTS 755 only
    Quote Quote  
  14. Anyways, I have installed DTS-HD Master Audio Suite
    Now I have a DTS-HD MA audio
    I have made its .wav files for each channel with eac3to

    But in DTS-HD Master Audio Suite Encoder, I don't see any way to make the output .dts instead of .dtshd
    Could anyone guide me?

    Or I have the output in .dtshd and it is with 768kbps, is it fine if I change the extension to .dts from .dtshd?

    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  15. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PrinceSwaraj View Post
    .................

    But in DTS-HD Master Audio Suite Encoder, I don't see any way to make the output .dts instead of .dtshd
    Could anyone guide me?
    If you have to ask, then you're not ready to know

    Seriously now:
    if you bought the software, then read the manual, or ask for help from the official support team;
    but if you're using warez, then deal with it on your own (or ask for help elsewhere).
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by PrinceSwaraj View Post
    Anyways, I have installed DTS-HD Master Audio Suite
    Now I have a DTS-HD MA audio
    I have made its .wav files for each channel with eac3to

    But in DTS-HD Master Audio Suite Encoder, I don't see any way to make the output .dts instead of .dtshd
    Could anyone guide me?

    Or I have the output in .dtshd and it is with 768kbps, is it fine if I change the extension to .dts from .dtshd?

    Thank you.
    Its DVD (Cpt) option in DTS HDMA Suite.you will get .dts files instead of .dtshd.
    Quote Quote  
  17. A very simple way that worked for me with an mkv: open video file in avidemux; Video Output = copy; Audio Output = copy; Output Format = mkv; save.
    Quote Quote