VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I already have a HeroHD and Hero2, so I skipped the Hero3 and 3+. But this new version 4 model is very sweet. They did a lot of improvements to the way the firmware works.

You don't need glasses anymore to change shooting mode settings. The LCD screen does it all with a few swipes and taps. And still compat with the original remote control.

And there is a QuikShot feature that lets you turn on and off just from the same button. It's really easy to whip it out and start filming in either video or timelapse.

My phone cam stinks, and takes forever to come on and take a shot so I'm going to use the new GoPro as a pocket cam for festivals, roadtrips, whatever. One hand easy peasy.
    Quote Quote  
  2. But the silver doesn't do 4K. Spend a little more and get future proofed. Get the Black version.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    But the silver doesn't do 4K. Spend a little more and get future proofed. Get the Black version.
    Black doesn't have LCD built in, and 4K isn't worth $100 more on top of that. I'm not a pro. Let those Apple boys pay through the nose.

I did buy "The Frame" with the savings, and that lets you mount the camera without the waterproof shell, and you get a lens cover too. Makes it look more of an urban cam, instead of underwater cam.

Of course I did have to buy a new 80Mbps micro SD card too. With tax, I still went over $500. Had I spent more, my wife would send me to the kookoo farm.

I could have saved the tax by buying it from the east coast, but return is a hassle, and frankly, when I saw it in person I just had to have it right then and there. It's such a tight compact little piece of high tech.

Also, I was looking at "The Autographer", and the whole concept of timelapse capturing of everyday life as an artform, and a different perspective of documenting life, but that cam only captures 5MP stills, and that's about it. For the same price.

Not to go on and on, but, upgrading from a GoPro2, I passed on the 3 and 3+ models, so I can't comment, but the 4 Silver has really strived to give the user every possible convenience to facilitate easy field use. The UI is rock solid. I'm a crusty crab, hard to please type, but I can still say this. I'm very impressed.

No, I'm not shilling for GoPro, I just want to encourage more people to give it a consideration. Don't discount it as just an extreme action cam for daredevils', it's a nice FamilyCam too. And if you use reading glasses, like me, the big type on the LCD really helps to keep us oldsters in the game.

I exited the poontang game, but I will NOT give up on my video/photography hobby due to advancing years.
    Last edited by budwzr; 10th Oct 2014 at 17:15.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!