VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I made an iso from an mp4 with Burnaware. i want to burn it as a dvd file to play on my standalone. How do i do this. What do i burn it as?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That program appears to have the same functionality as imgburn.

Creating an iso from that video does not really help you.

You must author the video in to dvd-compatable files or a dvd-iso using, for example, avstodvd

Then you burn that iso to a disk either with that program or imgburn which most on here use and can guide you better if you have issues.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    That program appears to have the same functionality as imgburn.

Creating an iso from that video does not really help you.

You must author the video in to dvd-compatable files or a dvd-iso using, for example, avstodvd

Then you burn that iso to a disk either with that program or imgburn which most on here use and can guide you better if you have issues.
    Ok thanks. will dvd iso be video TS folder

But isn't it an iso image

I know how to do it as a dvd i just want to learn about making a dvd from an iso.
    Last edited by Anonymous2; 8th Oct 2014 at 14:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a dvd-iso is an image of the dvd with a video_ts folder and the files inside. Consider the iso in the same way as you consider a zip or a rar archive but without any compression of the files.

iso is an option within imgburn since some people find it easier to burn that or they archive that iso since it is easier to manage that folders and files. But you have to make the right selection since if you burnt that iso as a data disk you just get one file on the dvd and it will not play. When you burn it correctly you simply see the video_ts folder on the dvd disk just like any other dvd-video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Dopey2013 View Post
    Ok thanks. will dvd iso be video TS folder

But isn't it an iso image

I know how to do it as a dvd i just want to learn about making a dvd from an iso.
    Either way, a DVD must have a VIDEO_TS folder.
    Either your ISO image will have a VIDEO_TS folder in it or you will end up with a VIDEO-TS folder on it's own.
    ImgBurn will easily and correctly burn a playable DVD with either.
    All you need to worry about is whether your original video file started off as PAL or NTSC video format.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried using power iso. When the source is a dvd in the drive it gives an iso that contains a Video_TS and audio_TS folder. But when the source isa a videoTS folder on the harddrive it give a folder with name of film and inside that the video and audioTS folders and this one won't play on standalone

How can I make an an iso of viedo from hard drive that will play on standalone or can I?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Didn't you understand what you read? A regular DVD player won't play a DVD with the VIDEO_TS inside of another folder with the movie name. It will play a DVD with a VIDEO_TS folder inside of which are IFO, BUP, and VOB files. What is it with your fixation with ISOs? Take your MP4 out of the ISO and feed it to AvsToDVD to have it make a real DVD, either in an ISO or with the files inside of a VIDEO_TS folder and use ImgBurn to burn it to disc. I could be wrong but don't believe AvsToDVD will accept an ISO as input.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Didn't you understand what you read? A regular DVD player won't play a DVD with the VIDEO_TS inside of another folder with the movie name. It will play a DVD with a VIDEO_TS folder inside of which are IFO, BUP, and VOB files. What is it with your fixation with ISOs? Take whatever kind of video is in the ISO out of the ISO and feed it to AvsToDVD to have it make a real DVD, either in an ISO or with the files inside of a VIDEO_TS folder and use ImgBurn to burn it to disc. I could be wrong but don't believe AvsToDVD will accept an ISO as input.
    listen **** off with your judgements. none of your business what my interest is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    But when the source isa a videoTS folder on the harddrive it give a folder with name of film and inside that the video and audioTS folders and this one won't play on standalone

How can I make an an iso of viedo from hard drive that will play on standalone or can I?
    The ONLY folders that can be burned to an "official" DVD are a VIDEO_TS folder and an AUDIO_TS folder.
    Those two folders CANNOT be inside another folder.
    Stop talking about ISO images and ISO software and listen to what people are telling you.
    Use ImgBurn to burn your VIDEO_TS folder to a disc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    But when the source isa a videoTS folder on the harddrive it give a folder with name of film and inside that the video and audioTS folders and this one won't play on standalone

The ONLY folders that can be burned to an "official" DVD are a VIDEO_TS folder and an AUDIO_TS folder.
    Those two folders CANNOT be inside another folder.
    Stop talking about ISO images and ISO software and listen to what people are telling you.
    Use ImgBurn to burn your VIDEO_TS folder to a disc.
    why would i stop talking about iso
    imgburn is crapware adware i would not have that shit on my pc. the point is power iso puts the two folders inside anfolder when the source is on hard drive. i am trying to learn about iso. if you do not like thatv do not respond. is it that you don't know the answer?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    the point is power iso puts the two folders inside anfolder when the source is on hard drive. i am trying to learn about iso. if you do not like thatv do not respond. is it that you don't know the answer?
    That's because PowerISO is the wrong tool for the job.
    ImgBurn is also in the ISO/Image Tools section with PowerISO.

If you don't know how to correctly install ImgBurn, use the older version called DVDDecrypter - same thing.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    the point is power iso puts the two folders inside anfolder when the source is on hard drive. i am trying to learn about iso. if you do not like thatv do not respond. is it that you don't know the answer?
    ImgBurn is also in the ISO/Image Tools section with PowerISO.

If you don't know how to correctly install ImgBurn, use the older version called DVDDecrypter - same thing.
    ok thanks. but it says it can?it is an older version of power iso i have so no adware in imgburn. I do know how to correctly install imgburn but even if you decline the offer the computer gets scanned. i would not have it on principle.

what commercial programe would do it?
    Last edited by Anonymous2; 18th Oct 2014 at 04:34.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Dopey2013 View Post
    I do know how to correctly install imgburn but even if you decline the offer the computer gets scanned. i would not have it on principle.
    And you do have PowerISO which produces useless files for you that won't play on a DVD player? You're not making much sense. ImgBurn is the best burning program, bar none. If the recent addition of the adware bothers you, get one of the older versions linked on the ImgBurn page. I believe 2.5.6.0 predates the adware.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You obviously picked the correct username!!

Just putting an MP4 inside of a VIDEO_TS folder will not create a valid DVD format to play on your standalone!!!
    An ISO is just a container and can have anything in it or nothing more than text files inside it, this does not mean it will play on
    a standalone player as a DVD video.

You must convert the MP4 to a DVD VIDEO compliant format and author as such.

Try ConvertXtoDVD as anything more complicated is obviously above you at this point in time.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    You obviously picked the correct username!!

Just putting an MP4 inside of a VIDEO_TS folder will not create a valid DVD format to play on your standalone!!!
    An ISO is just a container and can have anything in it or nothing more than text files inside it, this does not mean it will play on
    a standalone player as a DVD video.

You must convert the MP4 to a DVD VIDEO compliant format and author as such.

Try ConvertXtoDVD as anything more complicated is obviously above you at this point in time.
    you must feel really big now you get to make fun of someone who knows less than you. Anyone who needs to feel so superior has a problem.deal with your own problems don't project them on to me.There are people who know more than you and could make fun of you. I bet i know more than you in some areas. But i do not need to make fun of people

But if you want to contribute instead of being smug:-

I did realise i cannot do it with an mp4 and have converted it to dvd

The dvd folder i have on my hard drive has been converted with convertxtodvd. It is called my movie and contains videoTS and audioTS folders.
    Now, I want to make an iso of that and then burn the iso to a disk to play on a standalone

With any dvd cloner i can burn it but it only plays the menu. it will not play the film.

People mentioned imgburn oldversion. Will that create iso from a hard disk folder as distinct from a disk?

Please note i will not respond to personal insults any more. i only respond to positive people who are here to help. anyone who wants to gloat , i will not waste my time with. i will ignore such people in future. why i want to do it is my business

Thanks for the helpful info
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Now, I want to make an iso of that and then burn the iso to a disk to play on a standalone
    What part of You don't need to make an ISO are you having trouble understanding?

Just drag the VIDEO_TS folder into ImgBurn (I use the add-free 2.5.0.0 version):
    https://www.videohelp.com/download/SetupImgBurn_2.5.0.0.exe

Here is a guide:
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/4632-how-to-write-dvd-video-files-directly-t...using-imgburn/
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    What part of You don't need to make an ISO are you having trouble understanding?

Just drag the VIDEO_TS folder into ImgBurn (I use the add-free 2.5.0.0 version):
    https://www.videohelp.com/download/SetupImgBurn_2.5.0.0.exe

Here is a guide:
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/4632-how-to-write-dvd-video-files-directly-t...using-imgburn/
    what part of i want to make iso are you having trouble with
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Goodbye.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I will go back to your OP.

Since you do not wish to use imgburn that may have adware, you have Burnaware which also may have adware.

If you have correctly made that iso from video_ts and(optional) audio_ts folders (avstodvd could do that in one step but hey it's you ball) then just use the middle-left option = 'burn iso image'.

If it does not work ie play in a stand-alone then check the disk. I guess you created the iso with a higher level folder named 'whatever' rather than just drag the _ts folder(s) in to the creation program.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    I will go back to your OP.

Since you do not wish to use imgburn that may have adware, you have Burnaware which also may have adware.

If you have correctly made that iso from video_ts and(optional) audio_ts folders (avstodvd could do that in one step but hey it's you ball) then just use the middle-left option = 'burn iso image'.

If it does not work ie play in a stand-alone then check the disk. I guess you created the iso with a higher level folder named 'whatever' rather than just drag the _ts folder(s) in to the creation program.
    Thanks
    My BurnAware is earlier version no adware
    Edit: That worked thanks. Made iso and burned and it plays on standalone
    My original mistake was not converting the mp4 to VideoTS before making it an iso
    Last edited by Anonymous2; 19th Oct 2014 at 08:20.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not the first to write this, but there are earlier versions of ImgBurn available that do not have adware either should you wish to try ImgBurn. They can be obtained using links under the heading "More download options:" on at VideoHelp's Imgburn page. There is also a direct link to download Imgburn 2.5.7.0 (no adware!) under the heading "More information and other downloads:".
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Oct 2014 at 08:36.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I'm not the first to write this, but there are earlier versions of ImgBurn available that do not have adware either should you wish to try ImgBurn. They can be obtained using links under the heading "More download options:" on at VideoHelp's Imgburn page. There is also a direct link to download Imgburn 2.5.7.0 (no adware!) under the heading "More information and other downloads:".
    Thanks i prefer BurnAware, find it easier to use
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!