VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been given a whole load of .mov files by someone and I need to use media encoder to convert to .avi so that I can run this deflicker filter - http://www.compression.ru/video/deflicker/index_en.html which doesn't support .movs.

Okay so anyway, the problem I'm having is that when I bring in any .mov, whatever the output settings much of the video goes crazy with block colour - see attached. The bottom is what it should look like, and does for a few seconds, and then it flicks to the crazy block over and over.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	27934

I've never come across something like this, and even tried different .movs I have which don't bring up that problem. I'm guessing it's a problem with how it's been produced before I received it?

And it doesn't show when just viewing in any media player....

many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can use them with avisynth in vdub (you can open mov with qtinput or ffms2) to access msu deflicker

or

You can use something else to batch convert them .e.g ffmpeg or some GUI for ffmpeg like winff , tencoder, etc...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Please post info about codec in Mov file using mediainfo program
    also from screen shot you converting from 24fps to 29.97fps?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	393.9 KB
ID:	27937

is that it?

and wasn't planning on necessarily but that's not why the colours are coming in.....I take it I shouldn't be changing the framerate

many thanks

Leo
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just realised it's not just media encoder but also on powerdirector so guessing it's any video editing software!

Here is a link to one short video if you fancy having a look - https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9wziuf2rgv8phq/Lecture%2022%20-%20Introducing%20Hypnosis_Ex...Foods.mov?dl=0

weird!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Your sample opens in vdub without any problems, with the vdub ffinputdriver import plugin

Or if you still want to convert it first, it converts ok as well with the methods above
    Quote Quote  
  7. Its regular mov with h264 codec
    I don't have problem with the sample, no strange colors, convert with Adobe media encoder to any file
    I have QuickTime Player version 7.7.5 and Adobe media encoder 6.0.3.1 onWin7
    try reinstall QuickTime Player and update Adobe software
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!