VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,

New to the forums here and relatively new to video editing.

So basically I want to make a montage of some of my gaming video clips and I've ran into a brick wall on this part of the video. Because explaining what I want to happen in a video is easily misinterpreted by other people reading it, I composed this paint image.

http://i.imgur.com/eCVxQU8.jpg

I searched across the whole net for a solution and the closest thing I could find was this thread (which didn't work for my case)
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/355600-How-to-move-cropped-clips-in-Sony-Vegas

I have seen what I want on professional gamer videos albeit without as many images but I'm sure it can be done.

Please help!

EDIT: I know how to create the images, move them around the screen and zoom in, I just need to know how to do it all at once lol
    Last edited by tehchocco; 6th Oct 2014 at 06:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You need an NLE with advanced compositing and tracking features, such as Vegas Pro or After Effects Pro. AE Pro is usually a favorite for what you want to do. These compositing/tracking apps are not quick to learn. Each operates somewhat differently, but there are tutorials and extensive online help provided. There is no one-button "simple" NLE that can perform this kind of work. It's usually done with lossless media, not with lossy encoded video. Then the final output is re-encoded.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah yes, I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 13. As for tutorials, I can't find anyone that will do all of the actions I want..... Actually i just realised I can add multiple Keyframes.. Doh!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have made part of your illustration using AviUtl...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ComplexPIPdemo.gif
Views:	129
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	27935

If the still images are captured beforehand, the project structure can be greatly simplified.
    Black border encolses the still images.
    (attached: AviUtl project file. The "Scenes" are used to simulate the videos)
    Image Attached Files
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote