VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My latest project took 2 hours to render from my NLE, Magix Movie Edit Pro 2014. I want to make a trivial change to the menu. (Change a 20 second MP3 track, playing while the main menu is displayed, for another one, as my first choice was hastily chosen.)

Can I accomplish this as follows please:

1. Remove all the content from the timeline (if necessary adding back short images to represent its 12 chapters) and save that as new project.
    2. Make the music change in the authoring part of MEP 2014, a simple matter.
    3. Render the new project
    4. The iffy part: replace the appropriate BUP/IFO/VOB files in the original 2 hour DVD by those in the new small one.

If not, is there some other no brainer way to do this please?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Quote Quote  
  2. Meanwhile I've been experimenting, as shown here:

--
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm not familiar with that particular software, but the ones I use allow simply for step 2 and then re-output. Is that not possible?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by terrypin View Post
    4. The iffy part: replace the appropriate BUP/IFO/VOB files in the original 2 hour DVD by those in the new small one.
    Open the original DVD with the larger files in PGCEdit. Highlight the video, Go File->Replace VTST Titles and take it from there. It'll be better if the replacing DVD has the same number of chapters as the original.

Just copying over the files you want isn't the way to go about this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks manono. Have installed it but it plainly needs careful study and learning time, so I'll get back to it if/when I have more time!

--
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by terrypin View Post
    ... but it plainly needs careful study and learning time...
    It may look intimidating but replacing titles is easy. Once you open the DVD and highlight the video to be replaced and go File->Replace VTST Title, PGCEdit walks you through the process with helpful text screens and questions along the way. You can just answer 'Yes' to all the questions. Or maybe 'No' to some if you're not interested in making backups. If you do have it make backups and screw up somehow or don't get what you wanted, you can go File->Backups->Restore Backup to begin again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks manono, but happily I've re-discovered the neat feature in MEP that allows me to achieve it within the NLE itself. Like many places in MEP, the German-to-English translation was an obstacle, and I hadn't used that dialog for 5 years or so, but eventually successfully did so last night.

Appreciated your help on this.

--
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!