VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have my 800 or so movies converted to external hard drives in MP4, MKV and AVI formats. I can play these quite easily on my USA Sony Blu-Ray player and my USA LCD TV by just plugging in my hard drive to the external USB on the player.

So, when I move to Spain, will those same hard drive movies play from the external USB on a European PAL player and European TV?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oops, wrong thread.

But just to add my 2 cents, if the players play MP4, MKV and AVI then they probably won't care about PAL/NTSC frame rates and frame sizes.
    Last edited by jagabo; 2nd Oct 2014 at 17:33.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My ntsc sony blu-ray player plays pal mkv with no issues on my sony ntsc tv so they should play ntsc mkv,mp4 and avi on a pal blu-ray player as long as it supports those files as most newer players do anyways.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I live in PAL-land (Australia) and none of the players I've used for playing MKV, MP4 or AVI files (DVD players, Bluray players, or TV media players) have ever cared about the frame rate. As long as the resolution is within whatever the player supports, and of course it's a supported type of video and audio, you shouldn't have any problem.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!