VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to put this but I am at my witts end on how to deal with this.
    I have a 92.5 Gigabyte video file (The bit rate is crazy high... 'cause FRAPS. (Actually I am now using an in-game recording device but it's just as bad.)) and the problem is that the game I was playing closed before it could finish the recording. This has happened a few other times too. I have been able to pull the entire almost two hour film out with VLC, but no audio. When you play it in a media player, it only shows up to a minute however if you let it play, at least in VLC/Windows Media Player, it will continue past the marked ending and continue displaying sound and video. All I really need is a program that will let me get the sound out. For some reason VLC wont do sound with it. Any help please?
    Also, if there is a program that will do BOTH (EGAD! ), that would be great and I will just use that. Free would be great too. If possible.
    Also, May I get a confirmation that Windows Movie Maker wont make a playable file longer than two hours?
    Quote Quote  
  2. VirtualDub should be able to handle that, it can also repair file headers. You might need to install the ffMPEG input plugin, there are more plugins listed on the Vdub download page. Here's a nice little tutorial to help you reduce the size of those recordings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Okay... How exactly do I use Virtual Dub? How do I make it go past the initial minute?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!